Tuesday 13 March 2012

Don't cast a clout......

NB. Already had a complaint that I forgot to post this last night, and have ruined people's routine. Sorry about that!

I have reached my 10,000 + views of this blog. WOW really? That many people read it? Who are you all? I would love to know who you are? What is it you like about it? I know our family reads it to keep up-to-date with what we are doing far from home. I know some of my friends read it because they are nosey (only joking - because they too like to see how we are getting on). But who else is reading this? Please drop me a line and say hello. Thank you anyway, whoever you are, for reading this and making me write more and more. I love it. Huffle sits there most nights and reports on which countries are reading it and how my 'stats' are looking, that's the part he likes.

What a simply beautiful day. Sad because when I woke this morning and came downstairs, there was no Aunty A. But on a positive note, the sun was shining and it was really warm. A proper Spring day for Spring Break. I know the old saying "don't cast a clout till May is out" but at one point today, I rolled my trousers up above my knees (how very English), I didn't have a knotted hanky on my head though! The snow and ice has been melting and there is hardly any left.

I didn't get up until 8:30 and the boys had been up for over an hour watching TV. They didn't mind.

We had breakfast together. They let me read my book.

They both played on the computer (well Small played and Smallest watched). I replied to my emails and did some washing.

We skyped Moo and played in the garden. They boys got their scooters out and scooted on the drive, around the patio and up and down the road.

We found footballs in the barn that hadn't been unpacked yet, and played football and catch.

I swept the drive and cleared the leaves. Then I swept the patio. I dug out the bird bath and rolled it (very very heavy) close to the bird feeder. The boys made a bug hotel.

It was so warm I got a deck chair out and had a cup of tea whilst reading my book and watching the boys playing on the jungle Jim. We decided we weren't going anywhere today. Small asked if we could have a lazy day. oh Yes, I think we can manage that.

I sat on the porch while the boys scooted some more and they picked up sticks for me from the front garden. We had a visit from ClownRose and BabyMo. She wanted to know if I wanted a Beer in the sunshine. Off she went for her walk and popped into the Beer Store on her way and bought herself and me a beer. The boys had their dinner whilst we sat in the evening sun. She wanted us to do something Canadian, and drinking a beer out on the porch is just that apparently. I think she is a bad influence on me.

We talked about camping and art and gardening. ClownRose went back to work yesterday (she is a clown if I haven't mentioned it before). She works at the hospital Downtown.

Huffle came home and caught us drinking on the porch. He quickly joined us in the last of the sunshine. Smallest played with BabyMo and brought her teddies to play with. We laughed about the different words we each say. We tried each other accents. ClownRose tried an English accent that sounded French. I tried a Canadian Accent that apparently sounded like a southern US accent.

Apparently this weather is going to carry on for least another week. Whopppeeeeeeeeeeee.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello stranger - Skype tomorrow?

I hope you'd shaved your legs if you rolled your trousers up?

Drinking beer.. Tut, that doesn't sound like you at all... What's become of you?

Is she really a clown? Maybe you could be one with her.. I think that would suit you perfectly.

Miss ya - see you for coffee tomorrow (hopefully - let me know)

Yahoo xx

famfa said...

Yahoo - Yes Skype definitely. I didn't, they were horribly white, stubbly things but no one could see. Drinking beer is definitely me. Yes she is really a clown. Miss you too. Famfa x