Friday 11 May 2012

Dancing with the King of Brazil

This morning I woke up with a cough and half of my voice gone. Damn, I thought I was better! I managed to gets and send everyone to school. Huffle never slept last night - stressed at work and too much on his mind!

This was the temperature in the sun room first thing.

I decided I was going to have a relaxing day. Once the boys had gone, I had breakfast, read my book and then got changed and headed out to do some food shopping. Of course, I got carried away and didn't get home till midday. By the time I got the shopping put away, made my lunch, ate it and tidied up, it was time to go and my good deed for the day.

I promised, some time ago, to help out with the community garden. Today was the day! I put my gardening gloves, trowel, kneeling pad (ooooh my bad knee!!!!!) and a can of coke (sugar fix) into my bag and walked into the Hamlet. The garden didn't look too bad. A few dandelions, some dead daffodils and grass growing where it shouldn't. There were three of us and we weeded, edged, cut back, deadheaded and pruned the area. It looked great when we had finished one hour later.

I walked back and had just enough time to drink a cup of tea on the front porch before the boys came off the bus. They proceeded to tell me about some dancers that came into school and Smallest had danced with them. Small said "he even danced with the King of Brazil, Mummy". Wow. Later he told us that he wasn't the real king of brazil - it didn't matter, I was impressed that he even danced. Small came home with his inside shoes on so we had to drive back to school and collect his outdoor shoes. Two teachers shouted, Great dancing today Smallest! Apparently there are photos and the secretary said to ring on Monday and she would sort out who could get me photos.

Smallest playing Small's drum from school




We came home, played football and went on the swing. Huffle came home early and got the cricket set out. We let the boys stay up later as it was still really warm, and light and it was Friday. Huffle had had a 'better' day! He s very tired do should sleep tonight! I bought some new markers for the veg bed and Smallest out them in for me.

 

Mrs Royal rang me and told me about some holiday cottages that she thought we might like to go to. She also told me all about the farmers markets. It was a very informative conversation. We are going for a walk next week in the forest, as long as everyone is well.

It is Mothers Day here on Sunday so we may go out for dinner tomorrow instead (less busy). The boys have offered to spoil me. small is making my breakfast, Huffle my dinner and Smallest is making me my tea. Should be interesting.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garden looks good. Award yourself 2 brownie points. Weatherwise it gives sun today hooray, forgotten what it looked like. Have a good weekend tell stu make sure he has downtime too much stress no good. I off to watch ladies county championship at Willesley for day hb shopping with g unc pear off golfing for the day, so typical day for us! And ..... We hv iPad guess who had given it to unc pear?? Aunt Pear xxx

famfa said...

Aunt pear - thanks for the brownie points, still lots to do but it's getting there. Grandad gave us the start we needed. Huffle less stressed at home, sure it will all come together. One has to wonder what Unc pear does to get such splendid gifts!!!!!!