Thursday 2 July 2015

A tie? How very unCanadian!

A very bright and sunshiny day again (but not as hot as the UK are experiencing at the moment). Huffle and I went to bed late and got up late. He instantly went to work (not drove to, but got on with) and the boys and I had breakfast.

In their own rooms with their tablets but still talking to each other through the wall!

Huffle noticed that a man came and stuck a road sign in front of our house and we wondered if they were finally going to resurface the much needed pot holes. They weren't, they were there to cut down a very large tree. He wondered if I could I flutter my eyelashes and see if they would give us the wood chippings - as if!!!! Well I did go and have a word (but I didn't flutter, I just put on my best British Accent) and they were only too happy to oblige. I got on with some gardening while I waited and then we all watched from the window when the big trunk was being cut down. It was fascinating. Apparently the tree had an Ash Bore and was full of ants so the tree fella or tree feller said I probably wouldn't want the chippings as they were full of ants too. Shame, we could have made good use of all that.

I'm a lumberjack......

The boys played on the trampoline and I carried on gardening and then stopped mid morning to clear the kitchen, empty and fill the dishwasher and catch up with a bit of The Intercepter.

We all had lunch and then the boys and I went to MrsRoyals to do a spot of gardening there. We set the kids off pulling tree seedlings out (not their most favourite job they told me later) and then planting Forget-me-nots in the pasture for next year (they didn't mind this because MrRoyal asked them to chop down the burrs). They also played baseball and went home for Ice Poles. When they got back we asked if they would take all the cuttings from the bushes and put them on the bonfire heap. Whilst there, Small stood on a piece of wood that had a rusty screw sticking out of it. He only had on his crocks, no socks and so it went straight through and pierced the bottom of his foot. Smallest came to tell us he was bleeding. MrRoyal zoomed off towards him at pace on his tractor mower and MrsRoyal and I followed behind. We helped him to the patio where we cleaned the wound with a hose, poured Antiseptic wash on it and put a plaster on. It looked clean so we took him home. Luckily I had been gardening for a couple of hours so it didn't interrupt my work as I had almost finished anyway.

Gardening at TheRoyals with a bit of tree climbing and moustache mimicking

At home he soaked his feet in a bowl of water and watched TV. Smallest didn't want to be left out so I borrowed a bowl from MrsRoyal and the pair of them sat like old men, soaking their weary feet, watching a bit of TV. Huffle checked the vaccination notes for Small and we think he is okay. The surgery wasn't answering their phones so I may just call in the morning to double check if he needs a booster tetanus or not. We also checked his temperature just to make sure.

I FaceTimed Grandma briefly while I tried to get dinner ready. We were going to have Roast Chicken but we were quickly running out of time, so I made a chicken cheesy pasta instead.

After dinner Smallest and Huffle went off to their football game and Small and I went off to his. He practised running around the garden to see if his foot hurt and it didn't. Smallest won his game 8-3 with no subs and one player who never touched the ball all game. Small's foot was fine and he played well. His team's 'scrimmage' game was a tie. One of the Dad's was standing next to me spouting rubbish through most of the 2nd half, mainly about Hockey (BOOOORRRIIINNNNNGGG) so I stood up and said "oh a tie - how very UnCanadian". He hurumphed but didn't say much. His son was angry with Small through most of the match!!

 

 

 

No comments: