Thursday 21 September 2017

Love you to AlfieMoon and back

Another scorcher of a day. Air conditioning still on. Both boys went to school. Small should have had band practice but the air con isn't working in the music room so it was cancelled which meant that I didn't have to pick him up from school. Smallest is still being very sensitive which normally means either something is bothering him, he's going to be poorly or he's tired. I'm thinking it's the latter so will see if we can get him to bed earlier tonight.

Huffle worked in the loft. I realised I had NOTHING to do all day. Wahoooo. I had a lovely slow breakfast, did some washing and drying. Who would have thought having a washing machine in your own house would be so convenient! Changed Smallest's bedding and attempted to hang towels on the line. That's when I smelled the familiar 'pot' smell followed by a very smokey smell. Otto was using his 'smoker' and the lovely smoke was drifting our way as usual. I shouted "what the hell are you burning now?" and stood and watched him over the fence. He had no idea I was there and when I realised it was just his 'smoker', I relaxed a little and waited for the smoke to die down a bit. I am at the end of my patience with him. I think I will have to visit!!! Not looking forward to that. Last time I tried to reason with him I found out he burned his dog!!!

I did a bit of tidying and cleaning and some knitting and then I drove off to have lunch with Suffolk. We met at a restaurant and had a nice long lunch, lots of chat, some giggles and a couple of cups of tea. It was lovely and just what we both needed. I had left a key hidden for Small so he didn't have to bother Huffle. However, Huffle didn't know so he came down to unlock the door not knowing that Small was already inside hiding from him. He scared him by jumping out at him! More homework tonight, but just an hours worth today.

Smallest came home. No homework, no sign of new teacher. He FaceTimed Moo and read her a magazine about subscriptions for more magazines for a school fundraiser. He is supposed to sell them to raise money but I don't believe in it, so it went in the bin! He was trying to get Moo to buy wrapping paper too. He played piano to her and then I sent him to get the washing off the line and fold it as his chore.

After dinner, Huffle, Smallest and I went for a Hamlet walk. Checked out the building of the new cafe, car park and units, wandered round the streets and checked out the school rebuilding. I was told it would be finished by December 2018 and Smallest was told they would be in by next year so we'll see. Apparently they are interviewing for Smallest's class tomorrow.

 

 

No comments: