Sunday 21 January 2018

DUCK!

Huffle's feeling better and we had a good night's sleep.

Zanzibar nicely dried and sitting on Huffle's head!!

After breakfast the boys played FIFA and I crocheted.

After a nice relaxing morning, we decided to go out for a bite to eat followed by a trip to the lake for a walk. It was cold but not nearly as cold as it was last time we were there. We went to the harbour where it was all iced last time. The ice was gone. There was a woman feeding the ducks so we stood and watched them flying and landing. Lots of photo opportunities. Huffle has always wanted a photo of a duck landing on water and I haven't got THE right one yet. (He's so fussy). Maybe today?

Interesting that they don't do maintenance......but to just water last this point!!!

At one point they flew so close to me I could feel the flap of their wings and half expected them to land on my head. We walked along the path and on the beach and the boys played on the park.

No pets allowed to play on the park

Next we went to the cinema to watch Paddington2 which was my choice. We went to the big one as we were close and found that the showing was in a tiny little 20 seater theatre and there were only two seats left. WHAT? As there was nothing else appropriate for us all we went to another cinema and got in early to see another screening of Paddington. This time it was in a slightly larger theatre (possibly 100 seats). There was only one other family (nice and quiet family) and then a family sat right in front of us obscuring Smallest's view so Huffle swapped places with him. Then another family came in and sat right next to Huffle with their huge bag of noisy popcorn. We had a few more come in and then just as the film was starting a mum and child came in waving a small lit up lightsaber (which we later found out the cinema sold at $9 -WHY???????). The child was not interested in the film and asked questions ALL the way through which his Mother answered in a very loud voice, shining his stupid light sabre. I'm afraid I had to growl at him to turn it off. His mum completely ignored me but the child looked at me in horror and I nodded and said YES turn it off! What a naughty person I am he he he. Small looked at me and said near the end 'I bet the audience clap when it finishes'. Ha they did! It was a good film. I liked it.

Back home we had a bit of tea and watched BigBangTheory (not sure it is suitable for Smallest but he's been watching it every now and then when Small puts in on).

 

No comments: