Saturday 28 January 2012

Mouse 4 - 1 Us (the comeback) & Beef at the Burlingtons (although it was really lamb!)

Last night Huffle went into the cold room to fetch something.  This is a room we have in the basement that's very cold.  We store veggies, fruit, spare juice, spare cornflakes etc and also where we set the mouse traps.    When he came back he said that he thought we may have caught a mouse as one of the four traps was missing.  I noticed that it was missing a few days ago but said nothing because I thought Huffle had just moved it.  Oh no. Mr Mouse moved it.  Well he's for it now!  Gone, Kerput, No More!  Huffle gave a chorus of "you're not chewing anymore, you're not chew-ew-ewing anymoooooooore"  However, if he got trapped a few days ago, who ate the Magic Powder label!  Oh Maaaaaan!  
Today we went to the "Burlingtons" for the day.  It started off horizontally rainy and grey.
401 Highway of Heroes
Huffle mentioned something about the lovely way the rain dances on the road!!!! Eh?


2 magnificent buildings on the 401

We got to the Burlingtons just before 12 (sorry Mr B, we were a little tardy!).  I had a present from Mrs B - a jar of Lemon Curd, not just any lemon curd though.  GALES LEMON CURD?  Wahooooooo. Big thank you.
The kids played, the adults chatted, we had a lovely lunch and then we went out to Crack Pots.......
We passed Trafalgar Square on the way (not quite as spectacular as the one back home!)

Crack Pots is a lovely shop.  You choose your pot, you paint it, they kiln it and you get a lovely piece of work mostly created by you.  We all had a wonderful time.

Small, Muffin, Mr B, Mrs B concentrating hard on their masterpieces
Smallest working hard on a Monster Moneybox
Small and his dragon, Muffin and her Penguin and Smallest and his Monster
Mr B and his frog - he was so very pleased with his frog.  He really enjoyed painting.  I think he may come back again, and again, and again.
Mrs B's bowl - for her paper clips and work stuff
Huffle's light switch cover

My milk jug


We had such a nice time in there.  Very calming and a perfect thing to do on a cold, wet, rainy day.
 A glimpse of Lake Ontario
When we finished we walked to the Lake and had a quick look around.  
Apparently just 2 minutes before I took the photo you could Toronto Skyline - yeah yeah 
Muffin, Mrs B, Smallest, Mr B and Huffle - it was cold
It had started snowing hard and we didn't have the appropriate clothing for heavy snow, so we headed back to the Burlington's house.
On went the wii and we played Just Dance 2.......
Muffin and Smallest danced to Benni Benassi
Small and Muffin dancing to Fat Boy Slim

 Mr B was in the kitchen making our dinner
The boys snuggled on the sofa and watched............
The girls (Mrs B and Muffin) dance to Ra Ra Rasputin - Boney M
Sorry Mrs B, I know you said I couldn't take a photo or blog it but.........

Then the boys played sword fighting.  Then Huffle and I played sword fighting (well chopping fruit with a wii remote!!).  I have to say I beat Huffle only just.  So Mr B hurried in from the kitchen and decided to challenge me - me being a mere novice and my first go ever and him being a quick witted ninja warrior.  Whoops sorry Mr B, I think I beat you easily.
We stopped for a fantastic dinner.  I had salmon and everyone else had Roast Lamb.  We had all the trimmings including Yorkshire pud, 4 veg, roast potatoes, stuffing.  It was lovely.
By the time we had our Apple Blossum and ice cream it was way past the boys bedtime and we set off on our way home.  It was very busy.

Two tired little boys


THANK YOU BURLINGTON'S WE HAD A TRULY SUPER DAY
(but sorry about the spelling mistakes should there be any - I've had a tiring day)

1 comment:

Mrs B said...

We had a great day too!!! I'll let you off for posting the piccie of me shaking my booty. I'll let you know when our masterpieces are back and we'll sort out getting them to you.