Wednesday 8 October 2014

Having a bad day eh?

This morning we decided to stop the kids from using the IPads before school as they were expecting it now rather than seeing it as a treat. Plus they both came home yesterday with low scores on their school work (very unlike them). We talked about school work, homework etc and said we wanted to see an improvement and that if they didn't have the IPad as soon as they finished their work, chores, teeth etc, they might not rush through their things so much. We will see how that goes.

Huffle worked from home again as he had another long conference call (which again got cancelled), but did enable him to get other things done. I went to aerobics and worked hard and then came home and Huffle and I during his lunch break cleaned the pool, emptied it of leaves and drained it very slowly. Everything has now been moved off the deck. It is so cool today it feels like Winter is already here. C'mon, we didn't have a long Summer and now we've hardly had an Autumn. I'm really not ready for Winter yet! After lunch Huffle worked and I mowed the grass with MrSnails loan tractor. I did most of the back back garden (up to the barn) and it went squuueeeaaakk waaaaiiiiilll and smoked a lot and stopped cutting the grass. I saw what looked like a piece of string hanging from the back of the mower and followed it. It was attached to the belt which had sheared and was hanging off. (The same belt that he ordered and fixed last week in order to loan us the mower in the first place). I called and left a message and can you believe it, he was here within ten minutes! Bloody cheek, snails don't move that fast! He asked if I was okay and I told him I was a bit fed up. Yes you don't have a lot of luck do you? NO MR SNAIL WE DONT! He said not to worry about the belt (I wasn't worried just annoyed I still couldn't finish the grass) and that he would fix it (guffaw) and try and get it back to us is afternoon (mwah mwah mwah). It started to rain, TYPICAL.

I came in and started to tidy up and clear away all the plastic, cardboard and sticky bits that came off the cooker. Huffle's chair was delivered and put in place. He is a happy bunny again.

Huffle and I worked on getting the pool cover on once we had figured out how drain the pool using our hose (very slowly). We got the cover over the pool and while I crawled underneath the deck (ouch my poor back and bumped head), Huffle fought with the wind who wanted to take the cover off and fly it to England! Eventually we threaded the tie all the way round but I had missed a few grommits and wasn't happy so we did some more after I collected he kids.

Today I picked the boys up from school because it is 'bring your tuba home' day. I also brought home Smallest's friend to play for a couple of hours. While the Smallest boys played on the Wii, trampoline and piano and Small did his Tuba practice for Moo and did his homework, Huffle and I fought with the pool cover. We re-threaded it, tied it and with the help of Small, made sure it was all in place. The pump is all tarpaulined up for the winter now and everything else is tidied away. Phew - that was a tough job. We certainly earnt the $200 for doing that job! There's a saving Huffle - happier now?

The gas Man called and asked if he could come tomorrow early morning. OH REALLY? So we had homemade burgers on the barbecue and boiled our water on the BBQ too (I forgot we have a ring or a burner as I was told they call it here), for our pot of tea.

The boys ended their day on the IPads and it was a treat after their piano practice.

Huffle edit, I just received a call from India telling me about our windows security threat. I asked where he was calling from and he was honest, India. I told him to shut up as I knew he was telling great big steaming whoppers about windows, as we don't use windows. I told him if he carried on I would be informing the police. He said go ahead, I told him it was a big shame he wasn't in the same room as I informed him how I would 'butter his head around the room with a baseball bat'. The phone was put down, the kids found it all quite funny.

 

 

1 comment:

AA said...

You didn't last long on just wine. I can last looooaaads longer than that. ;)

xxx