Saturday 25 October 2014

Silent but deadly in Old Navy

A nice lie-in for the big people whose bed is comfy and warm and an early rise for the little people because they are just incapable of sleeping for too long past 7am. However they did get up quietly and put the TV on not too loudly and not argue too much.

After breakfast, Smallest finished his homework, Small did his piano practice and watched Football with Huffle until Smallest finished and then the pair went on the IPads. I sat upstairs with my newly downloaded music and sewed and Skype-chatted to Moo. I did the side hems of Small's curtains until Huffle informed me we were going out for dinner and to get some shopping jobs done.

Dinner done, we popped to Micahels to buy a frame for my birthday picture. It took a lot of choosing but eventually (and after much annoyance to the boys) we found just the right one.

Next we went looking for Winter Boots for the boys. This proved very difficult seeing as they are supposed to have the MOST supportive boots we can get but in a boot that needs to protect them from the snow, that isn't easy. We got some for Smallest (Huffle will take them with him to the foot people next week and we can see if they will help or hinder his feet). Next Small! Now here is where the system in Canada breaks down completely. He is a size 7 in kids shoes (the last size for children) but most shoe shops do not stock 7 kids so you have to go to Men's 7. Now Men's 7 is a different size to kids 7. So what does a child do when he is a size 7? I asked a shoe assistant. "Well yes, it's a problem!". NO ITS NOT A PROBLEM, YOU SEE YOU JUST TELL THE SHOE MANUFACTURES TO MAKE SHOES THAT FIT THE CHILDREN AND THEN CARRY ON THE SIZES INTO ADULT SHOES, IT CAN'T BE THAT HARD SURELY? We manage it in Britain don't we? I think the problem lies in the fact that kids sizes are different, men and women's sizes are different. WHY? Why make it so complicated? Anyway after another shoe shop where we broke the lace tightener on a pair of boots and refused a camouflage pair on the basis they looked like a redneck boot, we finally found Small a pair of Men's (more tax) pair of boots that are sturdy enough to double up as a walking boot when he grows out of his other walking boots (which I'm guessing will be soon judging by the amount he is growing at the moment, the big footed, tall thing!).

Next we went jeans shopping for Small. He is now in an age 14 due to his tallness. Earlier he was moaning about wearing jeans because he could only get his leg so high. When questioned why he would want to get his leg higher, he said because he wanted to tie his shoes!!??!!! (Whilst kicking?). We picked up some jeans with room, a fleece and gloves for Smallest and a Christmas Fleece too. Huffle and I went to the check out queue where the queue was divided in two. We stood in the middle hedging our bets as we didn't know which one was moving fastest. Two ladies (I say ladies.....) behind us obviously wanted to go in the faster queue and asked me which queue I was in. I HAVEN'T DECIDED YET. I'M WAITING TO SEE WHICH ONE MOVES THE QUICKEST. she obviously wasn't impressed with my answer but I couldn't be bothered to move so I said WE HAVE BEEN STANDING HERE FOR SO LONG ALREADY WE'LL SEE WHICH ONE COMES FREE FIRST. (She had only just joined the queue after all). She moved to another queue and shot daggers at me.

Next we meandered in the Sports shop looking for Tennis Racquet Tape and found a Snowboarding Helmet for Smallest and goggles for the boys (goggles for Christmas Presents). We rewarded ourselves with an ice cream and came home where the boys had their tea and I finished sewing Small's curtains.

Finally the boys went to bed and Huffle and I breathed a sigh and watched TV with our tea. Busy but productive day. No-one likes shopping for clothes/shoes in this family (except me but without the kids and Huffle around) so it has been a trying day all round.

 

 

No comments: