Wednesday 10 June 2015

Congratulations on the birth of the Princess*

Ever wondered why these were called Poppies? Well overnight they popped out of their pods. Beautiful. Hope the high winds that are forecast don't blow them away. There are also some lovely orangey ones out too.

......and this appeared late afternoon too.

While the boys wait for their school bus, they name the various plants and flowers we have.

Someone woke us at 3am, after a bad dream and an accident which consequently has made me tired and very lethargic all day. Though I did manage to get to aerobics this morning (can't say I put in 100% though as it was hot and sticky and I felt lifeless). Poor ExerciseNic also had a cold so she didn't really put us through our paces too much.

We had a storm late morning with torrential rain again and very very loud thunder with the odd flash of lightning. Huffle took himself down to the bunker and I watched a bit of TV and tried to stay awake. I should have had a shower but I was scared the power would go off half way through so I stayed all smelly and exercisey all afternoon.

After lunch I made Banana Bread with my old bananas and an Apple and Rhubarb Crumble for after dinner.

I popped to ClownRose's for a quick visit to drop off some seedlings for her wild garden and then the boys came home. I had my shower, made dinner and then we all watched So You Think You Can Dance while we ate my rhubarb crumble yum. Huffle and I wandered around the garden and the boys went to bed.

The only instrument open to Smallest's age at school is the recorder and they earn 'belts' like in Karate as they each learn a song and then go on to the next colour and song. He is zooming through them. He was playing me Twinkle Twinkle here whilst displaying his many 'belts'.

*a lady we know walked past early evening and said "congratulations on the birth of Princess Charlotte". She was amazed that we didn't celebrate the birth. I think they are more obsessed by all things Royal than we are. Funny.

 

No comments: