Tuesday 16 June 2015

Four container limit ma'am

What a horribly hot and sticky night. Our fan was on and the windows were open but it was unbearable.

Smallest had a school trip to the zoo today but we forgot until he was halfway out of the door. "Get my swimming bag quick". So Huffle reached up and got the bag off the back of the door and then handed him a towel. Poor Huffle he was very confused. He need the swimming bag as it was lightweight and Smallest would be better carrying that than his huge school bag. Armed with hat, sun cream and a lunch, off he went.

I went off to work (non-paid nursery work) where we planted up the big pots with Canna's, labelled them, tidied up and did a bit of weeding. I came home with two little plants and some broccoli. Huffle had spent his breaks digging up bit more grass from the side.

We had lunch together and I half cut his hair while he was in the middle of a call. I left him to go to Home Depot where I purchased some compost, lime screening, nails and some more green paint for the trellis. On the way, I nipped onto the Thrifty Store where I dropped off the stuff not sold at the Gargae Sale. Just as I was leaving the last couple of bags, a lady shouted "Hey Ma'am, we have a four container limit". I looked at her in confusion and she explained they only took four bags of stuff at one time from each person. WHAT? Obviously the look on my face said it all because she then told me to just leave it with her. I went off grumbling under my breath, appalled that a charitable shop did not want to take good quality free stuff. I know we have had this problem before though in the UK. Honestly!!!! Next time I will take four huge bin bags instead of carrier bags!

At home, Huffle and I sat on the porch with a lovely breeze blowing by with a cup of tea and piece of Flapjack until the boys came home. We didn't hear much about the zoo apart from the monkeys weeing on each other which was the highlight of his day but he had a good time.

We had a FaceTime with Grandma while I made dinner and the boys practiced their piano, did a chore and played on their tablets together (without arguing!!).

After dinner Huffle took Smallest to his football practice and Rep Try-out. He did lots of practice and technique and thoroughly enjoyed it, however we don't know what the next stage is because Huffle didn't ask (he didn't want to appear over eager - I knew I should have gone).

I took Small to his football game. They won 14-4. It was a good game. Small got two assists and a nearly goal. He played very well and hacked down a few players. The team have a new mascot too.

Showers when the boys got home and almost straight to bed. Football again for both of them on Thursday. Mummy's football kit washing emporium (two red kits and one white Coach shirt - could easily turn into pink coach top) has to have a quick turnaround these days!

 

No comments: