Thursday 3 December 2015

Hong Kong Mail

It was very strange day weather wise. It was rainy, sunny, cloudy, rain and sunny, rainbowey, windy and it even snowed briefly. There's not a lot left really is there? Still I only went out in my canvas shoes and a fleece. No gloves, coat or boots for this girl.

The boys went to school, Huffle had yet more silly phone calls and emails but today no football game to watch while he listened to his silly phone calls. Poor Huffle.

I spent the morning finishing off a fingerless mitten and then undoing it all because it wasn't quite right. I also managed a load of washing so the morning wasn't a complete wash-out. I also emptied Moo's box that she leaves here and photographed everything in it so she knows what she doesn't need to bring and the sorted through all th Christmas presents I have bought and write a list. Now I know that I have bought too much stuff for Smallest, only have a couple of things left to get for Huffle and still need plenty for Moo and Small (thought there are a few things from the Internet to come yet). I hid it all from prying eyes.

Huffle and I had lunch briefly and then I went out for my foot appointment. I am still suffering with Plantar Fasciitis so we told which exercises I should be doing (which I do but not often enough). I was fitted for new orthotics and also bought a beautiful sock to wear in bed which will keep my foot flexed and prevent tears (rhymes with pears) when I attempt to walk in the morning. It's very sexy and far too expensive (hoping I can get some money back on the insurance).

On my way home I popped out the Post Office where I posted an envelope for Huffle and one for myself and then bought some International stamps. Here I learned that you pay tax on stamps if you take them away form the Post Office but if you use them in the Post Office, you pay no tax. Now that's interesting. I might just take my writing paper and pens in the post office and set myself up a little table and do all my writing in there. Ha, can you imagine. The post office man obviously felt sorry for me and wiped out the tax for me. He said not to tell anyone so I won't mention which Post Office it was, just in case).

Back home I started to make soup for dinner. The boys came home and did their homework, played maths games on the computer, chatted to me about their day and watched I'm a Celebrity from yesterday. Smallest told me that his teacher said not to get him anything for Christmas, maybe a card would be nice. Smallest said to him "it's a shame because I just made a fresh batch of Flapjacks, but if you don't want them". He then told the class 'oh and baked goods too'.

Tonight was one of those rare nights where we have nothing on so it was good to have a slow dinner and play with the boys at table tennis and MarioKart and then we settled down to watch I'm a celebrity.

 

No comments: