Friday 6 May 2016

Quilted Cake

Huffle left early for work in the office. It was a long day for him but he achieved a lot and it was productive.

The boys went off to school. Smallest had a 'swim to survive' lesson today (which is silly because he has done up to Level 9 and 10 is the last level before life saving) and he enjoyed being back in the water.

I visited ClownRose first thing to tell her we couldn't go to LittleMo's party (and we arranged that we would go early on our way to football and deliver the cake that I was making too).

I briefly sat on the porch in the morning sunshine while I waited for Suffolk to collect me. Today we went to Uxbridge where we bought our sewing pattern for the course we are doing in a couple of weeks and then we carried on to Port Perry where we visited the Quilt Show. There were many many lovely quilts and lots of not so lovely ones. There is an awful lot of talent around here and we picked up some good ideas.

These photos are mainly for my inspiration

We went into the centre of Port Perry for lunch and had to leave one place becuase it was 'full to capacity' and we were starving and couldn't wait too long for food. The next place we went to we tested their knowledge by Suffolk asking for non-dairy and non-wheat and me asking for vegetarian and no bread. We had a lovely lunch in the end and popped in for a cheeky gelato/sorbet before walking alongside the lake to the supermarket.

When I got home, I drove to the school to pick up the tuba and had five minutes on the porch again in the afternoon sunshine before the kids came home. Smallest got ready super quick and I took him to his party which was an Olympic theme. Smallest came home with a Canada Hat, Flag and pencil, an Olympic cookie and a silver medal. How ironic that they gave us Canadian things and we gave the birthday boy an England Football. Smallest had a good time but was unhappy that the other boys cheated at the games they played.

I made a start on LittleMo's birthday cake and then ClownRose, LittleMo and TinyFin came round to help. Small helped too. Everyone did a fabulous job and ClownRose and I had a glass of wine to help our creative process. LittleMo was happy with her cake which I will deliver to the party tomorrow.

Huffle came home and picked up Smallest from his party, ClownRose and family went home and Small and I tried to clear up and make pizza for dinner which we ate whilst watching the beginning of The Fantastic Four.

Poor Smallest's eyes are terrible again today. We gave him double eye drops this morning and double at night plus nose spray and anti-histamine. The pollen count was high today with Ash, Birch and Oak all high. Bless, he hasn't got a chance. He has also developed a seal cough.

 

No comments: