Saturday 30 November 2013

A Doing day

This morning the kids were copying everything Huffle said and did. Here they are starting their exercises!

Silly boys!

A whole night's sleep, lovely lie-in and a jolly breakfast together. The boys had their showers and made a den which took over the front room and used all the cushions, blankets and chairs in the house (nearly). Of course this created a bit of tension between the kids and they had to be separated several times.

Huffle and I, in the meantime, made the cake I needed for my party this evening. I made, with the assistant cheffness of Huffle, a Victoria Sponge with Strawberry jam and vanilla buttcream, topped off with an icing sugar coating depicting the British Bulldog.

Next we moved on to writing silly notes for each other in the advent calendar. This was something we started last year and it is becoming a new tradition. While the kids finished off their notes, Huffle watched his football and I wrapped some presents for tonight and for sending to the UK on Monday.

Football watched and lost, presents wrapped, the boys played on the Wii wrestling. We had dinner and then watched the end of Man of Steel after we cleared away all the den mess. The boys had a silly half hour and then Small did his Maths and played on the computer and Smallest, Huffle and I played Snakes and Ladders followed by pass the pigs and Yahtzee.

I got ready to go out in my party dress and Huffle and the boys drove me to a friends house who then drove us both to the party.

 

No comments: