Monday 4 November 2013

If the lake is above us........

Another busy doing day. Once Huffle and the boys were dispatched, Grandad fixed the dishwasher basket, and the rest of us had breakfast, we drove out to Whitby. I dropped Grandad off at Home Depot to do some research on new locks for our front door and get some quality man v tools time. Grandma and I started in Winners, moved to JYSK (Dunelm equivalent) and then a shop I can't remember the name of where I bought a couple of Christmas Trees (fake ones this time) for the the urns on the porch. They were in the sale and will look perfect out there this Christmas. Grandma headed to Homesense and I spotted Grandad waiting outside one of the other shops. We met Grandma in Homesense and I picked up a few Christmas presents for myself from Huffle.

We then drove to a Supermarket and dropped Grandad off at Lowes for some more men v tool time. We got our groceries and went to pick up Grandad. He had found the perfect thing for our door so I went in to check them out. We bought a nice lock and handle set and came home where we had lunch.

Grandad set on with the lock and Grandma and I went out again, this time to a bookshop where I picked up some presents and then a couple of grocery stores for bits we couldn't get earlier. Grandma found her favourite dessert and was happy so we came home to get warm. The chill in the air is biting.

Our first icicle.

Grandad had just finished the lock (which is superb - he has done a lovely job) and the boys came home. Tools cleared away, Maths done, bags emptied and then Grandad and I played Pokemon with the boys while Grandma made Toad in the Hole.

Huffle came home after having a terrible day. We all ate and then Huffle rushed Small off to his Cubs Night Hike (which he didn't enjoy because it wasn't the proper leader) and I rushed Smallest off to Beavers (where he had a great time doing a Scavenger Hunt and won a finger torch).

I managed to wrap some Christmas presents for Grandma and Grandad to take home with them and then we spent the rest of the evening, in between picking the kids up, trying to find a nice photo of the two boys together to put in a frame. That was a hard task.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done G&G, for new lock and choosing a yummy dessert, just up my street. Poor Huffle, tell him to plough on, as things will improve, albeit probably not for a while. x