Monday 24 February 2014

Big Fat Frozen Sausage

Would you believe it? It snowed again. It wasn't forecast, that's not fair! We had about 5cm. I'm annoyed because last night I went out and put salt down on all the paths and drive and now the snow has covered it all up again. Well that was a waste of time and salt! Huffle went off to work and the boys off to school. MrBasement arrived early on his own with our lights and armfuls of Basement stuff. He worked hard today and all drywall is up and the first lot of mudding has been done. He also cut a piece out of the wall to see where the water was coming from. He is hoping that once the flashing is sorted it will stop the water but that we might have to do some landscaping outside to make sure the water doesn't run into the basement. We can't do that until Spring/Summer though.

Day 6

TL: stairs going down into basement (we never asked him to make this better so thats a bonus)

TR: windows have gone - hurrah (the view was under the sun room which was NOTHING!)

BOTTOM: walls and ceiling - yay

I went off to do some shopping. I took Smallest's glasses back but unfortunately they didn't have anymore so he is still glassless. I did my shop and came home, put it all away, had lunch and then started sanding and painting. I painted all the cupboards again after I sanded the old drips away, filled in some holes and painted a bit more wall.

The boys came home and I made dinner. Small had homework so he got on with that and then they both played on the Ipads.

Tonight both boys went off to Cubs and Beavers. At Cubs, Small made a start on his design for his CubCar (we are planning to take it to England with us so Grandad can help with the Engineering side of it). Smallest got to pick up litter from around the Hamlet and was very happy because he found a big fat frozen sausage. Huffle and I spent our free hour playing table tennis and then sorting out the wifi problems (well he did).

 

No comments: