Tuesday 18 February 2014

Can I put my elbow in it?*

It snowed in the night. Bucket loads!!!! Huffle decided to work from home and went out to move his car so MrBasement could get on the drive. While he was out there he cleared the drive and paths. He worked really hard, shame he didn't realise it was going to snow for the rest of the day and cover up all his hard work.

The boys went off to school on the bus (can't believe it was running today as the road hadn't been ploughed). Poor Smallest went off with his swollen thumb. When he got home it was still a bit swollen but he said it felt much better and he could move it more. That's good, I thought we would have to get it X-rayed! I went off to work in Huffle's car, sliding all over the road. Once onto the main road it was fine though. Today we were potting up bare root Clematis from Holland. Canada are not allowed to receive any plants with any dirt on them whatsover so they have to be bare rooted and completely washed down and put in sterilised peat. Poor plants! Then we repotted lots of succulents and cactus. I worked with CousinRen and we had a good laugh and chat. The time went very quick and coffee was served with British Ginger Nuts (ummmm missed them!).

I came home and had lunch with Huffle and when he got back on with work I went up to the loft and sewed and mended with my music on. Brrrrr it was cold up there today.

I made Fish Cakes for dinner when the boys came home and MrBasement came back with a load of Dry Wall which he put in the basement ready for Thursday.

Day 4

After dinner Small watched the Olympics while Huffle, Smallest and I played Table Tennis amid the dry wall. Small said "oooh my tooth nearly fell out". Smallest said "can I put my elbow in it?". NICE!
 

 

No comments: