Friday 7 November 2014

Recollections of a Collections Collector*

It was snowing when we woke this morning and it snowed on and off all day. Only 1* so it didn't settle much but it was cold and I had to put my big coat on.

Small went off to school with a note for his teacher and strict instructions to make sure he looked for his orthotics and told everyone he had lost them. Apparently he called home after lunch to tell Huffle that he hadn't found them but did need new trousers as he had slipped in mud and was a complete mess. Huffle was annoyed that he hadn't found them and doubly annoyed that he had to drive to school (I was out) and take him clean trousers. Oh dear!!!!

I spent the morning at knitting and had a lovely time with El, Trude and Suffolk. It was just us four and we spent the morning talking about accents and trying to copy each other. Suffolk and I went for lunch and caught up as she has been to England for a week.

I went to school to look for Small's orthotics and let the secretary know. She interrupted his gym class to ask the kids in there if they had seen them and his tovah spoke to me after school about informing the other teachers. The ladies at knitting said that sending in a note to the teach this morning was a bad idea - imagine how many notes are sent in saying things are lost! I felt a bit bad but she was fine. She is lovely.

After getting myself stuck in the car park because the school buses arrived, I decided to wait for the kids to come out. They didn't want to come home with me, they wanted to go on the bus. Typical! So I had to wait for the buses to leave anyway before I could drive home. I suddenly had a thought to check Small's bag and lo and behold, there, in the pocket was his orthotics. Did I put them there? Did Small put them there? Who knows!? Oh well, at least we have found them! I instantly phoned the school to let them know and thanked them for their help.

Huffle and I decided that I would take the boys swimming and he would get dinner ready (that means going for take away but that's fine - whatever works). I took my knitting to swimming and partly watched the kids swim. The boys had their IPads while the other was swimming.

We had our Huffle pizza in front of the end of Shrek The Musical befor the kids went to bed.

* Huffle and I watched The Detectorists (ITV Player) last night. Its is such a funny series about people who do Metal Detecting. It has a really great cast. In it they talked about a man who wrote a book about Detecting called The Recollections of a Collections Collector.

 

No comments: