Tuesday 11 November 2014

Wobbly ladders

17* with a sky reminiscent of a Summers day and sunshine. It was beautiful. Huffle decided to clear the Highest eaves troughs, guttering, whatever it is called, and needed my help to hold the ladder. Actually my job was much much than just holding the ladder. I was chief checker of wobbliness, ladder holder and encourager. Plus head of photography (Huffle edit - obviously)

This was the real sky today - no edits!!!

It was so bright that it was a perfect day for shadowy photos.

While Huffle worked, I pottered around the garden chopping dead things down, clearing paths and taking solar lights in and ornaments that won't survive the harsh winter here.

After lunch I went out to the forest to walk with NoCustard. The cloud formation, on the way, was amazing. It was just me and NoCustard today. We had a lovely walk and a nice chat. I still can't believe the forest changes every time we go in there. I got a bit confused with the same walk we had done the week before. It really does change that much! An hour and a half later we emerged at the end of the trail.

I finished off in the garden, moving stuff and emptying the wheelbarrow. I suppose we are ready for snow now, except that I still need to make the planters wintery. Last year I put Christmas Trees in the urns on the porch and added bits of greenery and berries from the surrounding trees. Then the wind came and blew everything almost horizontal. Then the ice came and they stayed like that for the rest of winter. This year I will try harder!

The boys came home, played in the garden for a while, played piano and did homework.

Both kids are struggling with sore throats, tummy aches and head aches. Oh oh!

 

No comments: