Tuesday 3 November 2015

Sodium Adam*

I guess one really good nights sleep once a week is all we need. Last night was terrible. Both Huffle and I were awake for a good portion. I think I was to blame as I was feeling sick and had terrible tummy and lower back ache. Bloody hell, what is going on? This isn't the flu and it doesn't feel like a virus. I stupidly had cereal and milk yesterday for breakfast (even though I am convinced I have a problem with the milk here as it has lots of extras added to it), so maybe that's my problem. I am now making a diary of foods and how I feel just in case it is food related. So that meant I didn't sleep well and I kept getting up to go to the loo, as did Huffle, but we wonder if that is because we had a late pot of tea! It was also a very warm mild night.

Today was a beautiful sunny day with temperatures of 20* - in NOVEMBER! It was like a Summers day. I was feeling a bit 'lost' today and not very happy so I took myself off to Suffolks house for some friendly therapy. She is British and has been here exactly the same time as me. She understands a lot of the frustrations felt and we both benefit from talking A LOT. She helped me put things in perspective and I soon felt much better. We started with a nice hot cup of water and then went for a lovely walk in the forest near to her. I haven't been here before and it was breathtakingly beautiful. Just what we needed. She needed to talk things through too. We are both cheaper than proper therapy. I think what made it even better was that we hadn't planned to walk, it was just something we felt like doing at the time. After our walk we had a lovely salad for lunch nearby. I had to leave her early afternoon so she could get her hair cut.

Unfortunately my camera wasn't working properly so I didn't take anymore photos. Shame because it was lovely.

Huffle was in the garden raking leaves so I stopped and helped for a while (I had to stand in compost corner to get the leaves down as they were overflowing) before coming in and making a start on dinner. Tonight I made Vegetable Lasagne and Beef Lasagne while I watched Downton Abbey.

The boys had a good day at school and enjoyed the sunshine. Small had been learning about the periodic table (he was surprised to find that I knew more than a few) and had played football in gym. He did his special JT move, he also didn't wear his cast today which is a bit silly but hopefully tomorrow he gets the All Clear to stop wearing it altogether. Smallest is still learning about Settlers and also one point perspective in Art - his homework was to draw a railway track.

Both boys practiced their piano, did homework and played on their tablets. After dinner we played table tennis until Smallest and I went to football training. I met one of the Mum's who has only been here for two years and was very nice. She offered to meet for a coffee some time. That would be nice. I also met up with the school's librarian who told me that the ladies at school do not like me. The reason for their dislike is that I have made all the Mum's look bad by crocheting Smallest's Yoda hat, when they all bought their little ones costumes. Ha!

Small and Huffle stayed at home and played FIFA and Mario and Sonic's Olympic Games.

*Small was telling us about Science today and he explained what Salt was. "A sodium Adam". We worked out he was speaking 'canadian' and was trying to say Atom but his teacher had said Adom (t's become d's). Sometimes we give the kids strange looks when they come out with Canadianisms and sometimes they just say 'we haven't heard this word in England so we don't know how it is supposed to sound'. Fair enough.

 

 

No comments: