Thursday 10 March 2016

Tims bits

It rained during the night and for most of today. It's becoming more like UK with the mild winters and rainy nearly April days. Though after seeing the floods in my home town recently, I was shocked. Whole cars under water and Grandads garden now an aquarium!

The boys went to school dressed in wellies and waterproofs. I spent my morning making a soup and then I had another go at scones. I realised where I went wrong before. I thought the recipe said 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder and it was 1/2 tablespoon. This time they turned out perfectly and soooo light. Yummy. Huffle painted a bit in the kitchen and put the shelf back up.

My friend Taff came to visit me today and came for lunch and a walk (thought it as too wet so we sat and chatted instead). She works at Tim Hortons and bought the boys some Timbits (tiny donuts with different flavours and fillings) and us some Nutella flat donuts which we had after our soup. We had a good chat, a moan and a giggle.

Very late afternoon I went out for a walk (the rain stopped) but then remembered I should be picking up the Tuba from school so I did that leaving me just fifteen minutes for a by quick walk (at least it was something).

I made pizza for dinner and we all sat and watched TV. Smallest is being very sensitive at the moment and we are wondering if he is not 100%. Small is having trouble with his face. He started to get a few spots so I bought him some face wash. Silly me didn't realize I would have to tell him how to use it. He has just been putting it on his face, not washing it off and now his face is all dry and red. I gave him a demonstration last night and gave him some very sensitive moisturiser. Bless him. He looks a bit zombie-like at the moment with a pale face with red blotches and dry bits.

 

No comments: