Thursday 28 July 2011

Seven Weeks???????

Seven weeks of summer holidays. I like the fact that it is a time to catch up with people I normally don't have time to see. Lots of picnics, fun days out. Trips to the park, cinema, farm, zoo, park, or just plain playing in the garden.





Today we went to our local Market town, had a coffee (well the kids had a gingerbread George), a trip to the library where I borrowed a book about Canada, picked up some sandwiches and a cake and picnicked by the stream. 

Ahhhh lovely. However there was also much arguing and fighting too (not from me, although I did have a word with two mums pushing buggies and taking all the path up, but that's another story!).


Smallest creating a bird bath
(I told him bird's don't have bubble baths)..........
Once we got home and out into the garden all calm was restored.





Flights are now booked for our short trip to suss things out. Many people have said that four days are far too few to go that far (seven hours I believe), but I feel guilty leaving the kids for any longer. They will be staying with my mum. I don't think we would get anything sorted if they came with us at this stage.


Expecting a call tonight from an expat who assures us he will give us unbiased advice. 

Will  be reading the book about Canada tonight too.



No comments: