Monday 22 April 2019

Here lies Grandad, roundabout but not forgotten

Small passed his referee exam and is now eligible to ref games 11v11 which will give him more money and more games.

Both boys took part in Bandstravaganza.  This is an evening where all Elementary feeder schools (schools from surrounding areas that go to the High School where Small is, grades 6,7,8) take part in a band performance individually and then all together with the high school band.  It is to showcase their talents and allow them to see what they could achieve if they take Music a step further.  It was a very good night and nice to see so many people playing that we knew.
,

The boys all went to the Golf Simulator and ‘played’ at StAndrews (but only six holes in two hours).  We all met up at a fancy cafe later for smoothies, ice cream shakes, cheesecake and crepes.  YUm yum.



Grandma’s cheesecake



My little crepe



The boys’ milkshake/smoothies 

Last week I finished my physio on my shoulder and started with the Chirpractor.  Earlier in the same day, Huffle had been to see the same person for his ongoing back/hip problems, but instead she sorted his neck which had pulled muscle.  She popped and cracked it and then did a similar thing with my
spine and neck. It was a very weird experience.  She also told me to use warmth instead of ice, stop
my anti-inflammatories if I felt they weren’t doing anything for the pain and start using my shoulder bit by bit.  I came out with much more movement in my arm.  I think I’m going to like this treatment much better.  I did however have a bruise that really hurts!

On Friday we went for a Birthday dinner (for Smallest, Grandma and Grandad) at our favourite
Italian restaurant.  We were supposed to go to a really fancy place but it was all booked up.  

Saturday evening we had Mr&MrsChristmas round for some card playing.  It was a fun evening with plenty of silliness.  We ended with some trivia questions ready for our quiz night next week.

Sunday we had an Eater Egg Hunt for the boys with clues and lots of eggs.  We decided to go out for lunch and ended up at the Chippy.  It was packed but we ended up with a good dinner.  Afterwards to we went to the garden centre where the boys bought me a Lemon Tree for a Mother’s Day.  Last week Smallest emailed the radio station where MrsM has her gardening show and won me a book about growing lemons.   No I have my lemon tree too!

During our trip, Grandad and Smallest were in my car and as we were going round a roundabout (not many roundabouts here) we almost got hit by a silly girl not concentrating, driving too fast and not abiding by the give way/yield rules.  Expletives fell out of Grandads  mouth and resulted in a discussion about life insurance and Grandad being buried in the top of the roundabout.

Monday the boys, Grandad and I went to work (greenhouse).  I potted things on, the boys moved woodpiles and Grandad, with help later, moved a whole load of branches from place to another.  We worked there until lunchtime.  It was a scorchio of a day and we got to sit outside in the garden (though Grandad was upset that it was allegedly 21* in his UK garden).


On Wednesday Grandma and Grandad go home.   Three weeks have gone by quite quickly.  They have seen all sorts of weather and have been a great help with the garden and house while I have had a bad shoulder.


1 comment:

Sarah Tomson said...

Wow you have all been busy, heatwave here is disappearing and grandma and grandad will be pleased to know they'll be welcomed back with rain 🙈 Due to start this afternoon!! Good news about your shoulder fingers crossed the treatment continues to help xx