Friday 19 August 2011

Bumpy, lumpy

THURSDAY

The seven and a half hour flight was delayed and once we were on it, it was quite bumpy with lots of pockets of lumpy air. However I got to watch two films, a bit of Canadian comedy, some arty stuff and crocheted three rounds of my granny blanket. We also got dinner, a snack and a hot snack with copious amounts of coffee, tea, water, wine etc etc.

The Hotel is fabulous with views of Lake Ontario but we have had to change rooms because it smelt terribly of stale smoke. Our new is room is still on the lakeside. Photos will have to follow when I get back as I don't have capability here.

FRIDAY

Last night we went to the BBQ. It was in a beautiful house and garden with wonderful hosts and guests (I don't mean me and Huffle). The food was divine (fresh salmon cooked on wet oak boards on the BBQ), corn, asparagus, pasta salad, with apple pie and ice cream for dessert. Lots of red wine was consumed and Huffle was a little worse for wear. He, he.

After a very ample breakfast of toast, pastries and fruit, He has gone off this morning for his interview/meeting and then off for a lunch. I have been left to my own devices. I walked along the harbour lake front for an hour and then walked back along the road.

I don't know what the temperature is but it is very warm. 12midday. Mad dogs and English men!! I am currently in the Hotel room making the most of the air con. Off to find somewhere nice to eat lunch and then Huffle I will meet up again for the Afternoon.








No comments: