Wednesday 18 April 2018

SATURDAY : WIGSTON - HINCKLEY - LEICESTER

Debore dropped me off at Moo’s in the morning where I left my bags and Moo dropped me off at the train station.  I then travelled with a carriage full of Tigers (Rugby fans) into the City of Leicester.  Bearing in mind this is where I was born and a city I knew really well (up until I left 6.5 years ago) I really did struggle with getting my bearings.  To start with I just followed the crowd of noisy Tigers, but as I got further into the city, I panicked that I couldn’t get to where I wanted to.    Luckily Aunty Miaow rescued me via text and directed me to a lovely coffee place (after we sorted our left from our rights).  I had a second breakfast and a coffee and waited for AuntyA to join me.

Today we decided to do the DickTour.  We visited the RichardIII visitor centre.  It was a very informative tour.  Lots of reading to do.  I think we learned a lot of new information but there was an awful lot to take in.  Some of it was very interesting and some was downright idiotic, for example the woman who had a ‘feeling that Richard was buried somewhere else’ and th fact that that same woman had hers wellies on display with the digger bucket that dug him out!!!    Honestly!   Our most favourite bit was the dressing up clothes at the end where we brought out our inner child.

After we finished we went and visited the Cathedral which I can’t remeber ever going to.  It was beautiful.  We were very happy in there until the LadyVicar asked us to be silent and pray and it all
got a bit too religious and we escaped.



We wandered a few shops and then went for lunch at MrsMiggins Pie Shop (not really called that but we have always known it as that).  We had a long slow chatty lunch, a wander through some shops and a beer in local bar.  We both got on different trains and went on our way.  AA back to London and me back to Hinckley where Moo was waiting to walk me home.  Moo had done all my chocolate shopping for me and bought some blackout material for my room so I could sleep. Awwww.

She took me for a drink in a bar and while we were there we bumped into Huffle’s cousins who live in a village nearby.  I had only just said to Moo “I look around and wonder if I know anyone, and there they were”.  Funny.



Cheers 

No comments: