Saturday 14 April 2018

TUESDAY - WEDNESDAY : THORPE TO LEICESTER - BLABY

TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY

I travelled on the train from London with a Hot Water and SamSmith in my ears.  I fell asleep briefly and after only an hour I arrived at Leicester.  AuntyMiaow and her entourage of little helpers were there to help me off wth my bags, into the lift, in her car and back to her house for the day.

I havent seen LittleT for four years since he was first born and his brother Hen I have never seen.  They showed me around the house (also new to me). We played and made cakes and played and went to the park and ate cakes.  We had a lovely time.  What a gorgeous lovely family.


Grandad came and collected me (LittleT came out to see the plane, bless him) at bath time (the boys, not mine) and took me back to his house where Grandma had made me dinner.   Grandad wanted AuntyM and I to go to the pub quiz with him but we were too tired.  We should have because the three points they lost by we could have easily got!!!

Grandma and I stayed at home and eventually went to bed.  I slept really well and was fully better by the morning.  I had breakfast of thick white toast, lemon curd and Italian coffee.  Today we were off to Leicester Centre.  AuntPear, HB and Moo all turned up.  We drove to the park and ride and got the bus into town.

We stopped at some of the murals before going off to JohnLewis (well why not?). There we perused for ages and then went for tea and a little something.


The sights we then looked at were the Clock Tower, the market where I captured some video of the local traders shouting “pounda bananas bob”. Well I’ve obviously been away from my mother tongue too long because I have no idea what he was saying about a bob!  Still I sent it to Huffle and the boys and they liked it.  Good old Lestah!  We checked out the new FishMarket and the statue of ‘Leicester Emily Pankhurst’ which I am ashamed to say I don’t know her name’.





Town Hall Square, a walk up High Street (I think) and finally a rest in TheCosyClub.  This is somewhere we have heard a lot about from the female members of the family who seem to frequent it quite often.  We had a nice lunch, a long sit down and several drinks.

HB took me back to her house and the rest went back to Grandmas.  HB and I had a tour of her new house, a meet of her StinkyCat and a long sit and chat for the rest of the evening.  She made me a lovely Hommity Pie which we ate whilst looking at old photos of a party before we left for the ColdPlace.  We had a lovely evening and a very big catch up.



I couldn’t sleep because I was wide awake and ended up staying awake until 4am when I finally dozed off in a very comfy bed.  

No comments: