Wednesday 7 February 2018

Bread whoppers

I have written 2000+ blog posts and have written every single day for the last six years.  I’m a bit bored of it now and feel like I have nothing much to write about.  So I am thinking of just writing it when I have something to say or maybe at the end of the week.  I hate the way I have to use a different app to blog and it’s not very IPad friendly and it just infuriates me so...........

We did have a lot of snow but the buses were not cancelled nor even delayed (well not ours anyway) and although the snow did not stop any of us going about our morning business of School, exercise, work-at-Home, I did cancel my lunch with Suffolk.  Our road didn’t get ploughed until past midday and the snow just kept coming and coming.








Small’s bus arriving


Smallest went to ski club and got promoted which means not only can he use the chair lifts by himself now and with his friends, he gets to move up a class next year.  Yay.  Huffle went and met up with him this evening.





Small and I stayed at home and played a complicated game of Agricola.  He won of course, but I did
score a lot better than previous games.


Today I attempted to make a Ciabatta bread but read the recipe correctly and ended with a
piece of dough that I left to prove almost all day.  It was huge until I knocked it back.  It went in the oven later with some mini baguettes I also made.

I also attempted some chocolate orange muffins but they tasted disgusting.  I have no idea what I did wrong.  The consistency was all wrong and they were chewy and dull ooking!  Small likes them though.

Dinner was leftovers.  I had a small walk to the co-op (old beer store) midday to get some milk and yeast.  The place is just full of dust.  Plenty of work going on there.  It was tough walking because no one had cleared the paths and it was really thick.  Huffle and I cleared the drive mid afternoon.















I had a knitting lesson with MissHorse where she learnt how to pick up stitches and knit them and how to do a short row (like you would do for socks).

I did some crocheting of the blanket and took outte( border I did yesterday and started a new border which looks much better).

So I am not sure when I will next write - it will be a surprise x

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaah,I will miss not reading about your day every morning when I get up, but entirely get where you are coming from xxxx

Spanish Chica said...

Ah, I'll miss reading your posts, but I understand it must be hard to think of something everyday. You've done well to have written as much as you have. Anyway i look forward to your surprise post.

Sarah Tomson said...

I can understand how frustrating and time consuming it must be for you and will miss your daily posts but am already looking forward to reading your surprise post - I'm expecting it to be a novel though....no pressure!! 😂 xx

Wonder Woman said...

What will I read every morning now?! Xx I will look forward to reading the next blog and catching up in person soon xx

Unknown said...

The blog has been a lovely part of my daily routine for the past few year’s I will miss waking up and seeing what you have all her up to. You’ve done well to keeep it going for so long. Thanks Famfa