Thursday 1 February 2018

Falls, slips and bus accidents

Poor Smallest was not well this morning and he didn’t want to go to school (that’s a good indication that he’s not well considering he even goes on a Snow Day).  He looked pale, was warm to touch and it hurt to swallow.  I toyed with the idea of taking him to the doctors and not going to Pottery but he said he wanted me to go and that he would see how he felt later.   When I got back he looked terrible and I decided to take him there and then.  We saw a lovely doctor who talked to us about English Premier League Football (his Dad is a huge fan). He checked Smallest’s nose, throat, temperature and ears.  All was well apart from swollen lymph nodes but he could prescribe nothing except rest and paracetamol (acetaminophen) which we picked up from the pharmacy next door.  He also said if he wasn’t feeling better by Sunday, then we should bring him back.

Small went back to school today and started his new Semester.  Gym, Geography, Business Tech and Music.  He will have to bring home his Tuba (or a smaller version of it considering his is Mahoosive) Home once a week so guess who has to transport it backwards and forwards!?  His new home room teacher is the Geography teacher who is strict but has a sense of humour (and he likes him already). His Gym teacher is a woman which is rare teaching gym to boys only (but she is old!).  Business Tech is taught  by a Polish woman.  He is going to need less folders which means less weight for him
and certainly less homework.

Huffle stayed and worked and half watched Smallest while I went to Pottery.  Today was a good day for me.  I watched a video before I left the House and then, because we had some new people join, we had a demonstration.  For some reason, it just all clicked into place when I made my first pot of the day.  It wasn’t fabulous and it certainly wasn’t the shape I wanted but it worked and the clay moved the way it should.  I was so pleased.  My teacher said I did well and she said she knew I had
got it.  I made three decent pots, no rainbows (big mistakes) and last week my stamp was fired so I used it to make a new stamp which was the right way and a relief one.  I also made another two stamps which will be fired on Saturday and put three other pots from previous weeks in to be fired.  Next week we do some glazing.  I am absolutely loving this course.  Week four of ten done.  It’s going too quick!





I got home around 2pm and took Smallest to the Walk-in clinic and back home and just had time to put my cup of tea in a thermos to go and pick Small up from Band Practice.  He chatted to me all the way home about his day and asked about mine.

Back home I made dinner and left Smallest watching a film and dozing on the sofa.   After he had 
some painkillers, he seemed a little brighter and he ate his dinner, albeit a small one.  No football tonight for him.

The boys went and read and Huffle and I went for a walk and a nose at the garage to see what the notice was posted on the door.  It was just about salting and clearing the paths.  Need our little petrol station back so I don’t have to drive miles away.  Huffle found out yesterday that the old BeerStore has partly been sold (the barns and land) but that the  owner is still putting a restaurant in the old shop.  He says it will be open in a couple of weeks but that can’t be right, it’s nowhere near finished.


No comments: