Wednesday 15 January 2014

Gingernuts!

After watching The Great British Bake Off last night I had to recreate Jane Horrocks ginger biscuits and luckily enough I found Paul Hollywood's mum's recipe online. (Apparantly Jane's friend and Paul's mum make them the same way). Once the boys had gone to school/work and breakfast was over, I set about making them. OMG, so easy and they taste beautiful.

There is a link to the recipe on my other blog - click on biscuit photo above.

Moo and I went out with another shopping list today. Paint, Ice Chopper, Buttons for Smallest's class, Beading for kitchen, Boot Dryer, Birthday present for Huffle....... We came back with Buttons (he needs 200!!), paint charts (too many colours to decide!), a birthday present, and a new coat for Moo - reduced from $100 to just $30 (that's about £20 and its a good ski jacket and it's lovely). We picked up a baseball top for Small (I promised him a Bluejays one) and a new lunch bag for Smallest and came home. We did really well. I have asked the hardware shop to put aside the Ice Chopper for me to pick up tomorrow. Two phone calls to the shop - first one to ask if they were being delivered, yes they were but not sure when they would be able to sell them, today or tomorrow. So another phone call to ask if they had received them and when could I buy one, today or tomorrow. The truck had arrived but they didn't know if they were on there but they put one by just in case (or will if they have any!). Whatever, Moo and I will visit there tomorrow morning. The ice does seems to be breaking up better on our driveway so hopefully that is a good sign.

We have snow forecast for the rest of the week. It snowed a tiny bit but nothing settled.

Huffle booked our flights today for our trip home (UK). We have been thinking about it for a while now but were struggling to find somewhere to stay. Anyway, we have booked and are going back for a visit in March. This is going to take some planning, there is a lot we want to do and lots of people we want to see. My phone has been going mad all afternoon with messages. When we told the boys we were going to England they asked where we were staying and we told them "a barn" as we have rented converted barn. Smallest thought it was like our barn and he wondered if we would sleep with the raccoons! He has obviously forgotton that England doesn't have Raccoons!

The boys came home, tried and liked the ginger biscuits and we practised spellings. Smallest did his presentation to his class. He said it went very well, that they liked the photos and were interested. Moo and I made Meatballs and Beetballs for dinner and we ate when Huffle came home. The boys played on the computer and we all played table tennis.

Moo and I started a new puzzle.

3 comments:

Spanish Chica said...

Trip to the UK whoo, hoo you'll love it. Be warned you may not have the time to do everything and see everyone you want. I usually come back needing another holiday!!

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

How exciting! A trip home! I am sure it will be very emotional. I remember our trips back to Australia were always crazy busy trying to fit everyone in.xx

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

How exciting! A trip home! I am sure it will be very emotional. I remember our trips back to Australia were always crazy busy trying to fit everyone in.xx