Monday 13 January 2014

I went to Canada and all I got was this lousy Laryngitis!

Last night we sat there watching "Peter Andre's My Life" reality show. Pete was standing outside his house, emotionally summing up his ten series on ITV and saying how much he will miss it. He walked back into his house, the theme music played and Moo said "Prat!, who does he think he is?".......

During the night Moo coughed and coughed and coughed so we decided to go to the doctors this morning. Huffle went off to work and the boys went to school. Our drive was like an ice rink but it was only 2* today (positive figures not minus!) in fact I walked around without my coat today.

After breakfast Moo and I drove to the walk-in surgery. She had to pay $100 to see the doctor and we had to wait for about an half and hour. We saw a lovely doctor who explained that Moo had a 'very bad cold' and laryngitis. He explained how our vocal chords worked, checked her blood pressure, pulse and temperature and listened to her lungs. All good. What an expensive cold she has. He did give her a prescription for some cough medicine with sudafed in and we picked it up at the pharmascist. We picked up a few things and drove home via the bank. I wanted to set up some accounts here for the kids but I have to have an appointment with an Account Manager so I took a card and said I would call back.

Moo and I had dinner at home and I left her to go to school for the "á chef l'ècole" with Small's class. There was a chef Suzette and a couple of classes of kids.

She spoke everything very slowly in French and the class had to copy her. They were split between four tables and had seven cards each. Each card had french written instructions on. They made Chocolate Lava cakes. They didn't need a lot of help but it was fun being there and watching them. I helped whisk some eggs and cleared some spills. The chef gave me some cloths for coming and helping. The cakes were late going in the oven and came out after the bell had rung so it was a bit of a rush getting the cakes to them, eating them and getting away from a school.

I made sure Smallest knew to get on the bus on his own and then took Small straight to his friends house where a group of them had to film their French play "louis la grenouille". Small was the narrater again.

When I got back Moo, Smallest and I played Mousetrap. We couldn't get the mousetrap to trap any mice and tried many many times. Huffle came home early and we all got ready and went to pick up Small to take the boys to Rock Climbing for Cubs and Beavers.

I had never been before so I had a lesson in 'belaying'. It was quite hard and tough as I didn't quite believe that the rope wouldn't go through my hands.

I belayed Smallest, and Huffle belayed Small. They both did very well though their descents were not elegant. They climbed many walls and then Moo decided to have a go.

She got some proper shoes on and I belayed her while she climbed to the top. Wahooo.

She tried another wall but it was a bit too hard. We ran out of time and came home. It was very late and the boys were tired. They went straight to bed.

We watched the Great British Bake Off with toast and tea. It was very funny. Johnny Vaughan baked his biscuits under the grill and Michael Vaughan's cricket pitch was hilarious.

What a tiring day.

 

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Ouch, I guess the NHS is a valuable resource after all! Good rock climbing / abseiling effort xx