Friday 31 January 2014

Scrambled Monkies

Today was a PA Day so I got a little lie-in while Small watched Kung Fu Panda on the TV and Smallest watched The Croods on the IPad. Small made us scrambled egg for breakfast which was lovely. They spent the morning showering, playing together, putting away their clothes and playing on the computer. I finished off Smallest's monkey hat.

CUTE

After lunch we went to the Cinema and watched The Nut Job. The cinema was full and we had to squeeze in. We took some treats to eat in there and Small's Flake wrapper was very noisy! The film was good but I nearly fell asleep, I was so cosy wrapped up in Smallest's coat. Whoops. The temperature today was only -2 and it snowed all morning. Great big flakes that I thought would come to something but didn't. We are supposed to get 4-6" tomorrow!

Once home, a quick skype with Moo and I made dinner and set the oven to come on while we were out. A quick change for the boys and a grab of their swimming stuff and we were off again.

Swimming lessons today consisted of Smallest still not being able to do his Whip Kick (I suggested to his teacher that she tie his legs together ha!) and Small doing very well with all of his strokes. Back home, our pizza was nearly ready, Huffle was home and had found us a film to watch. Tonight we watched Free Birds - phew, I'm all filmed out today!

 

On a sad note, I found out today that my Cousin died earlier in the week. He was younger than me and it was a shock. I wasn't in touch, but he is still family and we shared a childhood together that has fond memories. Mainly of us all being given 50p to go to the corner shop and buy penny sweets, playing crocodiles (he was always the crocodile) and damsels in distress (all boy cousins so I got to be the damsel) on the Grandparents stairs and hiding behind the sofa when Dr Who came on. :(

This is a photo we have hanging on our basement of me and my cousins. My hair looks lovely!!! (Huffle edit - and look at those knees)

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Love the hat Smallest! Sorry to hear your sad news xx