Wednesday 29 January 2014

Pips and seeds

Huffle and I, for the last two nights, have been watching The Jump (Channel 4 UK). Celebrities doing slalem and skeleton which looks absolutely frightening. I thought I would like to have a go but I think it's too fast for me. Anyway, it is very entertaining. Now I have found another one called Splash which looks like Tom Daly teaching celebrities how to dive. Could be interesting though Huffle says it has bad reviews!

Smallest came in to us in the early hours of the morning having had a nightmare. Something to do with Small telling him he hated him. After a snuggle and a reassurance in our bed he went back to his own and slept in until 7:45am.

Another cold one, -17 (feels like -27), and another day of no outside play for the kids at school. I had a telephone call from Smallest's teacher telling me he was going to receive an award in assembly tomorrow. Small did his Gifted Test today. He said it was fun and easy. Now this could mean he knew the answers or it could mean he had thought he knew. Oh well we will see soon enough. He also said he did not want to leave his school to go to another school - again we will address this once we know the results.

I had a busy day of exercise class where we have a new goal of trying to do the Plank Challenge - it is supposed to be a five minute challenge but there is no way I can do that! It was so cold that the heater had been on all night and all the time our workout was done too. I got told off for not wearing a coat. Stupid me, I looked out of the window and not at the temperature gauge, saw the sun and went out in just my exercise stuff (plus my snow boots obviously) - I will know better next week! They were discussing the weather and they said that this winter was a normalish one and that the two previously were very very mild. That's it, I said, I'm going home!

Smallest has always loved oranges. Until the age of three his breakfast was an orange everyday. He still loves them now but is more partial to a Satsuma or Tangerine. However, he likes them without pips and when I send him one in his packed lunch I have to start to peel it so he can finish it. When Moo was here she asked how I knew what was a good orange as she is funny about them, i.e. likes them pipless and sweet. I said it was easy here - as long as the skin is a little bit baggy I buy them and they seem to be fine. Even I eat them and I am very fussy. Last time I bought some Smallest wasn't happy because they were very pippy, therefore I have a fridge full of oranges that no-one wants to eat. So I made Chololate Orange Muffins using the juice and grated rind of the offending oranges. Ummmmmmmm.

I also made a Macaroni Cheese for the boys as they have been asking for one for ages, a Roasted Butternut Soup for Huffle and I and a Farmhouse Seed Bread. Then while it was all cooking I did a second coat of paint on the kitchen. It's all looking very Soft Lineny?!

Small's friend came to play and they spent their time on the Wii. After dinner Huffle and I played table tennis while the boys watched Wrestling (what a load of rubbish!!!). Smallest got sent to his room today for being too silly and getting all upset because a piece of orange muffin went down the wrong way. He stayed up there for a while playing and came down in floods of tears with a note for me which said "Sorry I don't apeshate you". (Appreciate) Bless him, he is the most thoughtful little boy ever and we told him that was a very grown up thing to do. I also told Huffle he could learn a thing or two from his youngest!! (Huffle edit, 'noise of a raspberry')

 

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Those muffins look fab and Smallest is so cute!! Good look with the test Small, glad he thought it went well xx