Tuesday 21 January 2014

Moo's frosty flight

It was -21* when I got up this morning with a windchill of -29*.

Brrrrrr. Cold! The boys were not allowed outside of school today in case of frostbite and were well wrapped up against the elements. I didn't even allow them to stand and wait for the bus this morning but made them stay inside while Moo stood on the landing and watched for the bus from the window.

Today was Moo's last day (Aunty A informed me I hadn't made any mention of when she was due home). Moo attempted to sew up my cardigan but because she sewed it slightly wrong, she then undid it. We packed her cases and looked for missing things. Her bags were very full but fairly light (well considerably lighter than when she came). The time has flown by. It seems like she has been here forever but also that it has gone by quickly which doesn't actually make any sense.

After packing, unpacking, packing and lugging the bags downstairs, we went to the warm Mall. It was sooooo very cold outside. Once in the Mall we had dinner at Jimmy the Greek. Spanakopita, rice, salad and potatoes. We could have shared a meal it was that big. We poddled around the Mall and Moo bought the boys a tee-shirt each. I only told them she was going this morning and I think they were both a bit shocked. Needless to say she got a big cuddle from them as they left for school.

We had a long leisurely coffee in Starbucks and 'people watched' and then went in a few more shops before realising it was time to meet Huffle as he had kindly offered to drive her to the airport. We checked if he was there but he wasn't so went in one more shop. We got a message from him saying he was there and then a missed call and then a voicemail asking grumpily where we were. We soon realised we were both at different entrances and he came to find us.

Lots of hugs and kisses and they were gone. Huffle said the traffic was bad and it took him longer than we originally thought but they had plenty of time. I bought Moo some headphones so she could watch a movie on the plane and I wondered if she had opened them and used them. They were an early birthday present.

I got home with five minites to spare before the kids came home. I had a quick tidy up. They were very happy with their new tops and Smallest hugged his. Small's said "refuse to lose" which he didn't understand at first until I told him it meant ALWAYS A WINNER. He liked that.

I skyped Aunty A and we arranged a trip to London when we visit England. Oooh can't wait. I get to stay overnight too by myself. What a treat.

I made dinner and the kids cleared their bags and played on gadgets. Huffle came home and they played table tennis while I finished dinner. For pudding we had Moo's Apple Crumble that she made yesterday but we didn't have time to eat. Yum yum, thanks Moo.

Huffle made us a spreadsheet and we filled it with things and dates for our England trip.

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

I was wondering that too! I will give her a call at the weekend when she's settled and warmed up a bit! Not long till we see you now xx

Unknown said...

Lovely photos, so crisp and bright. Was wondering when Moo was due home, well done Aunty A. The least she will be warmer, wetter though!