Tuesday 14 January 2014

When you were six...............

Moo and Huffle both had their medicine before bed and slept very very well. Both are feeling a little bit better.

The temperature was in the positive figures again today but our driveway was treacherous. We decided, once we got rid of all the boys, to find an ice chopper. This will help us to break up the very thick ice and attempt to get rid of it. I visited countless websites and rang many shops and only found one about half an hour away. I tried to call them to check if their website was correct but all I got was an automated response from a chinese man. We chose to drive there and see for ourselves. Of course, there was no ice chopper, their website was incorrect and they were very sorry!! We did some food shopping, where I asked a fellow lady shopper if she knew which apples to buy for cooking with. She said a make that they didn't sell and then laughed as she said "I should know, I was brought up on an Apple Farm". She was very helpful.

We stopped for a coffee and a muffin (we did share) and came home chopperless! I put salt down to help a little but we really do need to get rid of the ice properly. It melts a bit and then freezes again.

We made Leek and Potato Soup and a Tomato and Carrot Soup and a lovely Many Seedy Bread, had a few games of table tennis and while Moo wiped down the kitchen cupboards, I painted some. I also painted a bit of the wall to see if it would look okay white, but it doesn't so we are thinking maybe a creamy, off white colour.

The boys came home and after a mad run around the house (why aren't they tired after a full day at school?), they did their homework. Small did his Maths upstairs in his room and Smallest did his presentation to me and then to Moo. It was very good. He is presenting to his class tomorrow. He also had some questions for Moo about life when she was six. You know like penny farthings and horse and carts and writing on slate.

Huffle came home and after a game of table tennis with the kids, we all ate our soup and bread. It was yummy. Moo also made us a gorgeous Apple and strawberry crumble which we had with custard.

Moo and I played table tennis, the boys watched TV and Huffle cut his hair. Shhhhh don't tell Moo but I finished the puzzle while she was upstairs reading to the kids and I hid a piece!!!!

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Don't you just love that type of home work?! CG came home from school the other day and asked if I had ever owned a wind up car !