Tuesday 10 April 2012

All ship shape and spick and span

Huffle went off to work, Small went off to school. Smallest and I were left all by ourselves. We had breakfast and were skyped by HB who was at the pub with everyone after the funeral. I got to see everyone there and watched a slideshow of photos of Uncle Dermott and his family.

Smallest and I then set about cleaning ready for the royal visit of Grandma and Grandad on Thursday. We both cleaned the bathrooms with Smallest doing a particularly good job on cleaning surfaces, sinks and floor, and of course his very own chore, emptying the bins.

We decided to walk to the library (normally our Thursday job but we will be at the airport then). It was raining slightly so we put on our waterproofs, Wellies and Smallest decided to go on his bike. Part of they way he decided his hands were cold so I had to run back to get his gloves! Good job we didn't put them away.

Smallest still has his stablisers on but isn't very confident as he always uses his scooter. However, he was pretty good. By the time we almost got to the library his legs were aching so I carried it the last bit. It took us a while to get there and it was getting cooler so we weren't too pleased when we got there and found it didn't open until 3pm on Tuesdays. So we deposited the books in the wall opening and made our way back towards the cafe.

We had sandwiches and fries (because we worked hard to get there), but can you believe it, someone was sitting at our table!

Smallest spent the time there watching people and telling me what they were doing. We had a good rest and then started back home. Rainier and colder than on the way and with Smallest's legs too tired to pedal, I had to push him and pull him.

Picture of the train going past for Moo! Actually talking of trains, there was a train last night that went past honking it's hooter a million times (I'm sure I'm not exaggerating), very loud at 11:30pm! I didn't even know it ran at night - what a liberty!!!!!! It woke me up and so I had to wake Huffle up just so he didn't miss it!

We popped in on ClownRose and picked up the boys Easter cookies that they left last time we were there. We waved to Mrs Royal, put the bike away. We got warm, wrote some thank you notes and sat down in the basement and watched Jungle Book 2 whilst eating the Easter cookie (not me, I was only allowed a teensy little bit just to taste!).

When Small came home he helped me to make up Grandma and Grandad's bed. smallest just lay under the sheets, he said he wanted to stay there as a surprise for when they got into bed. They both played on the computer and i got their dinner. They had what we had last night. They were both so impressed with the pasta they asked if they could have some special pasta bought for their birthdays! Really? And they wouldn't be disappointed if they opened a present and found some Artisan pasta in there? If I rememeber I may just try that.

I was listening to the radio this afternoon and the intro to a chill out song came on which was a bit of opera, Small said "is this the Queen, Mummy?". "No the Queen doesn't sing, not on the radio anyway" said I trying not to laugh, "oh, is it Grandma then?". Said Small, and both him and Smallest fell about laughing. I think that's a compliment to Grandma (especially to those that have heard her beautiful singing voice!!).

I made a Roasted Butternut Squash soup and Huffle and I had it with small ciabatta rolls - do you know that they serve crackers here with their soup - strange. Not a great big hunk of bread and butter - pah doesn't seem right to me.

The house is looking spick and span, ready for Grandma to come along with her white glove checking for dust (that's what Huffle told Smallest today and he believed him!).

I had a telephone call from the Walk-In clinic I went to last week! saying that they had my cultures back and the doctor wanted to let me know that the antibiotics I was taking would not solve the problem. I told them I knew they weren't working. I am to go back in tomorrow and pick up a new prescription and can be seen by a doctor if I want to. Well I never got that service back home. I often got calls saying I hadn't got what I thought I had, and then had to make another appointment to find out what it was I had and what they were going to do about it if anything. Well, good service then eh?

Huffle had a vacuum round (he loves it!) and put the boys to bed. Smallest read him a story from his new reading book from school (bless he's doing really well considering he's pretty much had to start from scratch again).

We just watched Canada's got talent. I don't know what to say! Apart from maybe they have the title wrong.

I had a message from HB later telling me that all went well at the funeral. Lots of supportive people and people mainly behaving themselves! The fireworks are being video'd so hopefully we might get to see them soon. Uncle John, you will be missed. - thanks HB for keeping me informed today. It helped.

Happy birthday to Ed - I hope he had fun at the farm park and I wish we were there to share it with you.

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Famfa

Well, well antibiotics not working hey? There's a surprise! Glad it's being sorted ( make sure you see the doctor when you go back I know what your like). Nag, nag, nag.....

I know I have a simple sense of humour but your comment about Canadas got talent has just made me laugh out loud - which isn't good as its 3 am in the morning here and everyone's asleep.

Luv ya. Yahoo xxx

Anonymous said...

Funeral did go well, lots of nice things said, J's son (the minister from Torquay) spoke really well with much warmth. We went back to Madame Courvossier's, first time I had been, how beautiful is the house and garden. I imagine the garden is close to your dream garden. Madame C, Mr. & Mrs. Gator coped really well. Mrs. Gator has invited Unc Pear to Florida (well, he worked hard enough for the invite!) virtually has his case packed. Cousin Pest got the flat apparently the furniture is original retro - a bit old! so its Wimbledon here we all come at the weekend. ps You will be pleased to hear Moo survived Unc Pear on the journey there and me on the way back and behaved herself! Love,Aunt Pear.

famfa said...

I'm sitting here now waiting to see doc.
I have probably upset all Canadians who read this now whoops x

famfa said...

Glad it went well. Yes garden is amazing. Well done pest for getting flat. Have fun at weekend x

marina said...

hi all i bet it was hard for you to fine another table that you licked in the cafe hope you had a nice easter x

hayleysg said...

Glad it helped. Knew you would want to see the photos. When you get the video send it me as I can't wait to see them please.
Also how dare sme people sit on your table. Madness

HB xxxx