Monday 2 April 2012

Cougar, Cottage Pie and a glass or two of Courvoisier

The boys were packaged off to school after Smallest had one last try on session with his Dragon Costume.

Then I walked to the local shop to buy some milk. A good brisk walk in the cool morning before breakfast. I then came home and ate my breakfast, read the online telegraph and drank my coffee. Ahhhhhhh the peace.

I Skyped Moo and LizzieDotDot today. Moo was not happy with the picture I posted the other day (as predicted), her friend Badminton Babe actually saw it and said, ooh I bet you don't like that picture of you! Whoops. Moo will be here when my garden club goes on a garden tour - she wants to come with me. LizzieDotDot and I had a good long chat (much to the annoyance of MrDotDot who wanted to buy a Motorbike - sorry!). The UK kids are on school holidays now for two weeks, but here they only get Good Friday and Easter Monday.

While I was walking past the window today I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It looked like a cat and my first instinct was to shoo it away. Then I looked again. It was bigger than a cat. Was it a cougar? I took a photo and then went outside (carefully in case it jumped out and bit my head off - there's that imagination again!). I came inside and googled 'Cougar'. They do look cat-like but less fat and well fed with slightly longer legs. I think it was a cat. I am glad really.

This is a rubbish picture, I got a much better, clearer, closer picture with our proper camera but haven't downloaded the image yet.

I spent the day clearing, cleaning, washing but not too hecticly as we had a busy weekend. So I also played music, sang, danced, ate cake, and wrote to one of my friends. I was listening to the radio today and one of my favourite DJ's (Greg James) has moved his slot to a later time. I was so pleased because it meant I got to hear his whole show rather than half of it (Radio One from UK via Internet Radio).

When the boys got home they asked if they could play in the forest with two of their friends who live about three doors away. (The forest is a small tree filled bit at the bottom of our garden that joins their garden further along). I went out to see what they were up to and ended up playing a game of catch ball and then jump on each other - umm, not heard of that game before. It was funny though.

They decided they wanted to play with water guns so I found them a gun each and they sprayed and I went inside to make dinner. Smallest came in crying because he was getting wet. I tried to explain that water guns means getting wet but I think he thought he would get less wet and spray the others more. In the end he came in properly and did some beautiful colouring. I helped a little.

Small came in when his friends went home. Grandad Skyped us. He has been with Mr & Mrs Gator today (or should I say Mrs Potator - good to go!). Grandad and Mrs Gator have been planting potatoes today for Aunty Plant or Madamme Courvoisier as she will be known from now on. Grandad also informed us he left Mrs Gator with eight cans of Stella - He wonders how many are left?

Huffle came home with a mass of balloons which he gave to Smallest, who was overjoyed. The balloons were actually decorating his office as he has officially been given the title of SVP - Senior Vice President (or Silly Visible Pants as I informed him it meant). Well done Huffle.

Smallest also came home with a ribbon today. Star Reader. Well done Smallest.

We had good old fashioned Cottage Pie tonight with peas. "Peas?" The kids shouted, "why do we have to have peas?", "Because they are good for you and anyway I'm planting some soon". "Well I'm not helping you" said Smallest, "Nor Me" said Small. "we will grab you and stop you from planting them so we don't have to eat them ha!" said Smallest. Grandad said he would help me though. He will be here when my gardening club is on and he wants to come with me. Isn't my gardening club popular?

Huffle put them to bed and read them their stories. Tired now. Need some TV and a cup of tea and a long long sit down.

Forgot to mention a faux pas by Mr Royal yesterday. When he saw the cake he said "oh look that's Elmo from Coronation Street". He realised his mistake and said he was getting old! Couldn't let that one go unreported could I?

 

No comments: