Tuesday 24 April 2012

awwww he's soooo cute!

Grandma, Grandad, Huffle and I played cards last night. They were really mean to me and made me lose really badly. Grandma said that Grandad cheated. Huffle and I realised we could see Grandma's cards through her glasses which was useful. I used my new herb to cover my bites and the swelling went down (take note Uncle Grump). However I found two more this morning on my foot. I did find a mosquito in the kitchen last night and squished it in my hand, there was blood everywhere, MY BLOOD, obviously!

Huffle went to Downtown Toronto this morning so he actually got a lie-in (or a sleep in as they say over here) for a change.

Grandma helped Smallest tidy his room and sort his clothes. Smallest and I cleaned the bathroom. Grandad and Smallest were sword fighting, Grandad won. Grandma played scrabble with my friends on the Ipad. We stayed in for most of the morning and headed off to White Feather Country Store.

We took a wrong turn but Grandad got us back on track. Inside there were lots of freezers full of home cooked food. There were lots and lots of old people with sticks and people in wheelchairs. We thought there might be a pensioners discount day!

Past all the freezers there were lots of home made breads, cakes pastries. Looked very nice. Also fresh eggs.

"Brown or White, medium or large, Flat or Dozen!". That was my choice.

Through another room there were oven gloves, tea towels, tea cosies etc. Jewellery, hats, pictures, candles, you name it, there it was. A very strange mix. Grandad and Smallest were playing with the fishing nets. We went into the restaurant and had some lunch. Grandma and Smallest had the biggest sandwiches we have ever seen. An old couple on the corner stared at us for the whole time we were eating. The woman who served us thought that Smallest was 'sooo cute'!

Eeeuuuugggghhhh? This needs to stop now before it gets out of hand!!!!

We escaped from here before we were given sticks of our own and headed towards a Home Depot. Grandma and Grandad wanted to buy Huffle a Strimmer for his birthday and there were Forsythias on sale there too. Smallest was very interested in the fountains and water features. Grandad found the strimmers and picked the best two plants. Smallest got told off by a lady for riding on the trolley.

We set off back towards home and I took the wrong road AGAIN. I handed Grandad the GPS and he guided us back. He is starting to get to know these roads now. He has a better sense of direction than me.

When we got back, Grandad setup the strimmer and started cutting back the bits he couldn't get to with the mower. Grandma started making dinner. I bathed Smallest and sorted Small's clothes out.

Grandad's friend is visiting tonight so we went to the Beer Store and got some supplies. The weather was awful today. Rain, sleet, snow, wind and it was very cold. I knew we shouldn't have packed away our winter stuff.

We all had dinner. Grandad's friend arrived. The boys went to bed.

The forecast for tomorrow is better so we are planning a trip to the beach.

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see love alive and well in Claremont!! hope the bites improve. Grandad's mum always suffered, hers used to blister and then Grandad's dad used to pop them with a needle, think it was called tough love! Aunt Pear. x

Anonymous said...

I've just spent a hilarious half hour reading all the posts since your inlaws came to stay! What characters, especially Huffles Dad!! Great stuff, very English, he reminds me of my Uncle John, very funny! Niagara on the Lake is beautiful, I love going there, you should go back in the late summer, the town is incredible, beautiful flower displays. They also have the Shaw Festival, brilliant theatre performances, some of the best I've seen. It's not an hour from the falls either, did you walk, lol!! Lots to do in that area if you fancy a weekend break!

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Really enjoying Grandma and Granddad’s visit – are they not normally so in LOOOOVE then? Sorry about the bites – me thinks you are going to suffer this summer. Everett XXXX. Ps. Think we are having the rain in good old Blighty.