Friday 6 April 2012

"Have you brought your spanner Daddy?"

Instead of sitting down and chilling once the boys were in bed last night, we decided to move things around in the kitchen. We completely moved all food into what I originally thought could be a pantry, but we used it as a coat and boot room. Well now it is properly a pantry. Mr mouse will get a surprise if he comes visiting now. We think it looks better and is more convenient.

We also moved all the winter boots and ski pants and big coats out and into the basement. NO MORE SNOW THANK YOU!

My favourite photo from the Telegraph today is ...........

From the Oxford v Cambridge Boat Race 2012

Today we decided to go out. After yesterday, the thought of staying in with those two naughty, argumentative boys was too much to bear. We went to explore the place where "float your fanny down the Ganny" is held. That is Ganny, not granny as I stated before. For those that don't know, a fanny, here, is your bottom!!!!! (have we got that clear now Aunt Pear?). Once we were there we actually found out the Ganny is really.......

Ganaraska River

Float your bottom on a boat down the Ganaraska River, doesn't quite sound as good.

It was a place called Port Hope. It had a largish, fast running river and a lovely old style Main Street. There was a large police presence which made no sense as it seemed a sleepy, non threatening kind of place. Maybe it was the same policeman following us around.

This was a cannon stolen from the Germans in the First world War.

Huffle liked this sign because of the Masters being on at the moment. Look at the blue sky!

We crossed the river and headed to Main Street. Lots of little shops, all different. Quite an arty place. Some restaurants, cafes, bookshops, a Little Shop of Britain, a shop where the lady asked smallest not to touch things!!

We met a man who showed us his hat. Inside it said Made in USA. He kept saying "Look at that, made n America, wow, can you believe it, best country in the world". Oh well that's nice, come along children, keep walking. Then he appeared in three other shops we were in. Every place he was telling people the same thing. I think he's proud of that hat!

Really big doorways on the houses.

A shop for dogs!

Dogs clothes - oh no! Smallest said "if dogs wear clothes won't they just poo in them?"

I liked this building, it was called 'Dreamers Cafe'

Lovely blue snowdrops - we want some of these

We liked this bench. Small asked "have you brought your spanner Daddy, they're screwed down!". Thief in the making!

We had dinner in Jim's Pizzeria which was really nice. Hat man was there too. We stuffed ourselves with pizza and then we decided to get back in the car and drive a bit further away to a beach on the lake.

This is a lovely Canadian Beach and in no way am I saying it is better than an English Beach. I realise I started 'BeachGate' the other day when I said a beach in Britain was horrible because it was overcrowded, blah blah blah and I will get back to this point at a later date when I have nothing better to write about.

Lovely beach with not too many people on it. Some were paddling (or wading as a lady said).

It doesn't look like a lake does it HB? - looks like the sea!

We all had an ice cream and walked along the boardwalk and sat and watched the water.

Ummmmmmmm - we got a few stares from people - it wasn't hot hot but it was a pleasant 17*

What a mucky pup. I didn't notice till just now that his hat had blown off.

Smallest got in an awful mess with his ice cream so Huffle took him off to get his hands washed. They were gone for ages so Small and I went to look for them. When we found them we decided to walk to the lighthouse, only it wasn't a lighthouse, so Small said, because it didn't have red and white stripes.

We tried to wash Smallest's hands in the lake but it was deep and a bit far away so I held onto his trousers and winched him down, ignoring his squeals and squirms.

There was a lot of stone throwing in the lake (why do boys like doing that?)

Lots of watching the gulls.

I walked down to look at the lighthouse. It wasn't very pretty. Lots of concrete and a big sign saying 'don't jump or dive from it!'. Oh okay then, I was just thinking....... But then again the waters quite cold today!

We liked this car. We walked back towards the beach and let the boys play on the sand until they fell out, got separated and then banned from the beach altogether. The car was parked for two hours only so we had to go anyway.

We made the long drive back. It was warm, the road was boring and we all fell asleep briefly (well not Huffle, he was driving).

When we got home we got some boxes out and the boys made space ships out of them. They played together for a while until they fell out again and one hit the other and they were taken apart from each other other and made to play apart.

Who needs expensive toys!

Then Huffle and I had enough and escaped to the front porch and left them in the back garden.

We had a Skype call from the Rumbleskins. We got to meet Cousin L and Cousin R who we have only seen photos of before. It was Easter Day there and Mrs Rumbleskins birthday. She was still asleep and Skyped us later when she was awake. It wasn't a brilliant signal and we kept dipping in and out but it was lovely to see them all. We also got to say hello to Mrs Rumbleskins mum.

Huffle and I sat in the sun room and watched Wilberforce (woodpecker) eat the nuts. We were saying how clear the sky is here, hardly any clouds, just lots of clear blue sky. I thought the sky looked bigger but I just think its because everything is bigger and the sky looks like it goes further (oh I know what I mean, I know you're laughing at me, but I don't mind!)?

I put the boys to bed while Huffle watched the football (Stoke won) and tried to watch the Masters at quick speed, however he hadn't recorded the Golf so he'll have to wait till later tonight.

We are going to play a board game. The TV is rubbish and we thought it would be a nice thing to do.

We had a phone call from Mr Royal to tell us of the plans for the Easter Egg hunt tomorrow. I'm excited now. He even gives us lunch.

I often get complaints that my blog hasn't posted. Sometimes I get told I have posted it on the wrong blog (I have two you know!!!). Sometimes I'm told it's too late but never (until today) have I had complaints that I have posted it too early. (like yesterday). I tell you, some people are never satisfied. Well thanks to the Blogsy Team, it now takes me less time to post. When I take photos on my phone, they automatically update onto the IPad so I now only have to write it and choose which photos to use.

Happy Birthday Mrs Rumbleskins

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

some gorgeous photos of the "sea" it looks so beautiful and unspoilt. Hope the Egg Hunt goes well today and S&S get through the day without being separated, got quite dizzy reading when they were/were not fighting yesterday, it was funny to read. Bet Huffle pleased no-one spoilt his beloved Stoke win b4 he watched it, what a happy Easter Bunny. Aunt Pear.

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for the birthday wishes! So lovely to chat to you all today.

hayleysg said...

Love he pictures of you all eating ice cream. Especially the one of Freddie with his hat blown off
HB xxxx

Anonymous said...

It's been such a gorgeous weekend hasn't it? I gave myself a headache yesterday by spending too long in the sun without sun cream or a hat! You asked where my new hair was..... well it's on my head silly! Where did you expect it to be, lol!! Got dye on it at the mo, don't like all that yucky grey peeking through these days! Those blue flowers are Siberian Squill, very cheap to buy and multiply really easily too, you can get some in the Autumn. Hope you all enjoyed the Egg Hunt and had a good Easter, despite fighting boys!

Hugs
Brenda

famfa said...

Aunt pear - Sea was lovely, Huffle please with stoke score. X

Anonymous - good to speak too and to see kids x

HB - time you learnt to spell his name - hat was funny x

Brenda - still would like to see hair. Found the blue squill flowers and someone giving us some of theirs x