Saturday 28 April 2012

BabyMo's Party

I am convinced I could hear Grandma's voice this morning whilst I was in bed! It wasn't her obviously. They had a bit of a nightmare with their journey home. First of all they couldn't print out their boarding passes. Then their flight was oversubscribed and they had to get some people's baggage off the plane, then they realised the ones thet got off should have been on in the first place. There was a family on there that was split up so Grandma and Grandad moved seats so they could be together and then one of their children sat behind Grandad and kicked his seat for an hour before Grandad couldn't take it anymore. They were home by 1pm and skyped us. The signal was bad so we didn't get to say much.

Huffle and Small went out to buy a saw as Huffle is building (yes you read correctly) some raised beds for our vegetable patch. They also bought some plants back. Smallest and I played football. We planted up our old tin bath with herbs, I taught him a new game of cards and we skyped Moo. She is going to look at jeans in Sainburys for us and needed their measurements. I forgot to say that a few days ago I measured everyone in the house (including Grandma and Grandad). Grandma turned out to be three inches shorter than she thought she was - she blamed her bad back! Actually I only measured the door she stood against and didn't realise that there was a 2" bit missing between the end of the door and the floor. When I measured Grandad I wrote on the door that he was 67cm and not inches. Tiny little man (not really, he is not an elf, despite that the boys would be very happy if he was).

We had a small lunch, played football and then went over to BabyMo's 1st Birthday party.

ClownRose was in the process of decorating her cakes so we helped. The boys placed the flowers and buttons and I piped the flower petals. Her cousin piped the writing and added the topping and Small, Smallest and I added the sprinkles.

The boys got restless and went and played outside. They collected all the sticks and made a den. BabyMo's cousin chased them and hugged them. Pizza was delivered to the party and it was nice enough to Eat it outside.

We met lots of new people including ClownRose's mum who has invited me to her garden to take whatever plants I want. Cool! I will ring her soon and arrange to visit.

The boys got to play on the drums again. They had great fun. It was very noisy.

 

BabyMo loved her cakes but the boys had to help her blow her candles out. She also kicked a cake off the tray, sat on it, squashed it and then ate it! The boys were tired and we took them home. They messed about in the garden for a while while Huffle sawed and screwed and hammered. I played football with them and fighting with lightsabers. As it was getting cooler, we went in and watched some TV till bedtime. I haven't heard a peep out of them this evening so they must have gone straight to sleep.

 

Tommy Two Years Days.

Huffle is watching his beloved Stoke play Arsenal. I know they drew (but he doesn't yet). Madamme Courvoisier and Mr Pickle are both Arsenal supporters and the fact we hadn't heard anything from them today made him think Stoke had won!!!!!

We have just had a delivery of two helium balloons from BabyMo's party. The boys will have a nice surprise when they get up tomorrow.




 

No comments: