Wednesday 25 June 2014

Eat your greens Moo!

It was a hot and sticky night with no air flowing whatsoever. Apparently a Tornado hit Ontario last night (about an hours drive away). No one was injured.

Small went to school wearing wellies and shorts as he had a trip out to do a pond and river study. He came back with one green hand (and we have no idea why!). Smallest has a similar trip tomorrow.

Moo stayed at home this morning and watched Andy Murray at Wimbledon. I went off on my bike to Aerobics which was difficult due to the humidity again. Still we did lots of weight and floor work. Today was our last week until after the Summer. I cycled home an hour later to find Moo had done washing and drying, stripped all the beds and started clearing our pantry (which desperately needed to be done). She found all sorts of curiosities and lots of nice things that need eating up - oh shame!

The rest of the morning was spent baking treats for the teachers. Banana and Chocolate Loaf, Chocolate and Orange Loaf and Muffins and Ginger Muffins. We had a quick lunch and watched a very brief ten minutes of 'Amber' when we were interrupted by the Fed Ex man bringing Huffle's new golf clubs (Huffle edit- new to me, but used) He ordered them from England as they were a 'deal'. Except we had to pay tax on them so it wasn't such a great deal after all, but the man who delivered them told me to check the contents as the packaging was slightly damaged. I took them out and looked at them but confessed I had no idea what I was looking at. Moo looked too and we asked MrFedEx who said "well they are shiny and straight so I guess that's fine". He didn't play golf.

I had to go to the dentist today, just for a Hygienist visit but the dentist is about 30 mins away. I popped to the doctors (who are in the same building as the dentist) to check if they had Smallest's results back from his swab. The receptionist couldn't tell me his results and said I would need to speak to the nurse. I explained I had an appointment elsewhere and said I would come back later. I had my dentist appointment which was fine and then went back to the doctors where I got to see a lovely nurse who explained that Smallest didn't have Strep, just a virus. She also gave me some samples of Tylenol and Advil (paracetamol and Iboprofen equivalent) which were chewable for kids. I have never been given samples at a doctors office before so I ended up with a goody bag including my dentist stuff too (every time I go I get a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, picks and mouthwash).

Once home, Moo was still sorting the pantry. She did a fabulous job (and cleaned it too) plus made all the beds and finished the washing. Poor Moo I haven't let her out of the house today (some holiday) so we sat on the porch and had a cup of tea and try of the cakes. Then we went to the Royals house as Moo had bought MrRoyal some Blancmange. MrsRoyal was having troubles with her IPad so we tried to help but ended up bringing it home as the charger wasn't working. We found out that Drew's house sale has fallen through which is a shame.

The field from MrsRoyals back door. This is the site where they want to build 70 houses.

The boys bus went past on the bus and Moo ran off to get them. They both got their reports today and did exceptionally well. Small got mainly 'Good' and an 'Excellent' for Initiative, as well as 4 A's, 2 A-'s, 4 B's and 6 B+'s. Smallest got all 'Excellent' and 1 'Good' for Organisation (apparently his desk is a mess and needs to keep his belongings in better order!), he also got 2 A+'s, 11 A's, 2 A-'s and 1 B+. We are very happy with both of their reports. They have done wonderfully.

We finished with the baking and the boys made little tags and wrapped the treats up for each teacher. We all ate dinner and then had Eaton Mess (with some of the things from the pantry we had to eat). Ummmm yum yum. We thought of you Aunty Miaow and Uncle Tuc when we ate it!. With our dinner we had lettuce leaves that Small lovingly picked from the garden. Moo was halfway through her dinner when she jumped up, waving her arms and pointing at her dinner. She had a plump juicy caterpillar on her lettuce (I did wash it but while I did I pointed out to Moo that something had been eating it, whoops it looks like it still was!), suffice to say she didn't eat the rest of her lettuce. Good protein though Moo! Huffle edit- I'm not reducing her rent, it clearly shows that our produce is very fresh

 

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell the boys well done from us. Brilliant results. x

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Can Moo come do my pantry next please?!

famfa said...

She says if you send her a ticket, she'll be there xx