Monday 16 June 2014

The One where the cobweb wakes us up!

You know when you first fall asleep and it feels like a really deep sleep, the kind you don't want to wake up from? Well last night just as Huffle and I fell asleep, we noticed our security light was going on and off and on and off. Huffle got up to try and switch it off and after a while I got up too. There is no evidence of wires coming from the light, no plug sockets anywhere near the light, no light switches inside the house or out that turn it off or on. There is nothing on the circuit board in the basement suggesting it is there, so how the bloomin' 'eck does one switch it off? I wrapped a blanket around me (as I had my pj's on) and we noticed a small moth sitting next to the light. Huffle started throwing small stones at it to make it fly away - it didn't! I got the broom and swept it away but it came straight back. Meanwhile the light was still going on, off, on, off. Then Huffle spied a cobweb hanging off the light swinging in front. We swept that away. The light went off. Huffle then thought there was a bat up there so the blanket went over my head and his fleece over Huffle's head. The light stopped coming on and we went back to bed. A little over sensitive we think!

Huffle went to work. The boys got ready for school and then it rained heavily. Smallest got a little sunburn yesterday so went to school with pink arms and face, wellies, shorts and raincoat. Small took his golf clubs as he had a lesson with his class.

Moo and I had an early breakfast ready to go off to my Faraway Garden but because of the rain, cancelled our plans. Instead we went into town to try and get the baskets for the pool we needed. No luck! We went to the Thrifty Shop where we bought an old duvet to make a shade shelter for the pool. Moo bought a couple of books. We went to the consignment shop but didn't buy anything and Moo never asked the price of the rugs!

A nice cup of coffee and a shared piece of Lemon cake next before we went and got some food. Onto the pharmacist for a prescription where a very nice pharmacist told me how the system works here. Next to the Beer Store where we bought some wild bird seed and salt bags for our water softener. Next to the bird feed was a raccoon that had been caught in an humane trap. It was waiting for the lorry to take him away!

Back home, bags emptied and food put away, I went off to school where I collected Small and two other boys from his class and took them to the Golf Course. I stood and chatted to a couple of the mums for a while and then came home and started a game of scrabble with Moo on the porch.

After a couple of hours I went back to pick them up and take them back to school. They had a good time but it was very hot and humid again. Back home I finished the scrabble with Moo and the boys came home. Smallest and Moo went up to the pool and Smallest swam and then they played a game. Small watched the football and I made dinner.

After dinner Small went off Mountain Biking in the forest with his Cub Leader and a couple of other boys. Moo, Huffle, Smallest and I played basketball. Smallest went off for a shower and Moo and I Played table tennis.

Small didn't get home until 8:30pm and was shattered. They had all had a good time.

 

1 comment:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

We used to have a burglar alarm and it would get dangly spiderwebs in front of the sensors which would set it off. It happened too many times when we were on holiday that one of our not so lovely neighbours pulled the alarm out by the wires. Ah well, lucky we haven't been burgled!