Friday 13 June 2014

Happy Canadian Gardening Day

I had a fabulous nights sleep. Huffle did too. I didn't hear a peep out of the boys and Moo slept better. Only five more days and her jet lag will be gone (not that we are letting her have jet lag).

Small in his new top.

Huffle went off very very early and played 18 holes of golf. He forgot his water but luckily half way round he found some all wrapped up and new. He took some photos of the ducks and the course.

Moo and I went to The Garden Centre where they were celebrating Canadian Gardening Day. We had coffee and lemon cake and a tour of the garden by Jeff. He is very knowledgable and it was a good talk and tour. While we were standing under a huge Locust Tree, there was a huge gust of wind and all the flower buds fell off. It looked just like it was snowing.

Moo smelling a lemon day lily. Scrabble on the porch.

We drove to knitting where we only got half an hour before it finished. Everyone was being very silly but they welcomed Moo and then Suffolk, Moo and I went for lunch at the cafe. We had a roasted garlic, mushroom and spinach soup with a toasted bagel. Very nice. Suffolk left and Moo and I went to the quilting shop to buy a pattern for me to make an apron and we had to choose some material. it took ages and they were very patient with me. Next we went to a shop to buy fruit and some supplies for the weekend.

Once home, Moo and I started a game of scrabble on the porch. While we were playing a van parked up at DonNoQuoteys house across the road. It was a 5* restaurant meals delivery van. He got out and tried to sell DonNoQuotey some meat and fish. He looked across the road to us and shouted :

"Do you want some beef?" I'm vegetarian. "Oh I got ocean fish" No I'm vegetarian. "What about organic chicken?" That's meat! "Oh - how do you get by?"

Before the kids came home we mowed. I started, Moo finished the back garden and I did the front garden. What a lovely job.

Smallest went in the pool. It was only 20* and it was too cold to stay on for long. Boys had showers and then we had pizza whilst watching the Addams Family. There was a bottle of wine opened (Moo couldn't believe she had to wait till her third day before she got alcohol!).

Aunty A sent me this photo. She wishes to enter it as the 'worst bunting ever'! Can you beat it?

 

No comments: