Wednesday 4 June 2014

Jose Reyes Bobblehead

Today was a much cooler day. Still sunny but not humid at all. Everyone went off and left me to cycle to aerobics, an hour of exercise, a bit of a laugh and then cycle home.

I watched the final episode of Happy Valley. Brilliant. Then I did a bit of tidying and cut the grass. Easier said than done with a huge 15ft trampoline in the way. It may have wheels but that doesn't make it any easier to move by one person alone! Eventually the grass was done stopping once or twice to move the trampoline and fill the mower with petrol. I then raked and put the grass into piles with the intention of moving them later (Huffle did it for me when he got home). I also stopped for lunch and a cup of tea on the porch with my knitting after my shower.

I am completely covered in bites again. The boys came home. Small's friend 'Run' came over and the three of them played on the trampoline until Smallest accidentally kicked Small in the tummy and Small accidentally punched Smallest in the face.

Ice pack applied, apologies given and then the trampoline was banned of a while because no-one would take responsibility for anything and they started arguing. After smallest sulked in his room he went out and played on the jungle Gym.

Then Small grabbed Smallest (which apparently was part of their game!) and I watched Smallest hit out at Small. I called him in and he went and sulked in his room again. 'Run' went home for his tea and I made th boys apologise to each other properly.

Today I started making a Roast Chicken dinner but ten minutes into the cooking the cooker did it's error message and everything went off. I fired up the BBQ just in case and turned the cooker off at the fuse box. It came on again but as soon as it got to the desired temperature it went off again. I left it for a few minutes and tried again but this time on a lower temperature. Honestly this cooker is a piece of 'disappointing machinery' (Huffle's words, I wanted to say something much ruder!). Huffle sent an email to the person who sorted it all out for us last time. Rather than go through the hassle we went through befor, let's go to the Horses Mouth (and hope it doesn't spit at us!).

Dinner finally got made, the boys played on the trampoline under Huffle's supervision but Smallest soon came off moaning that Small wanted to play his own game and not Smallest's. Goodness me, I feel like this Summer is going to be a long one! Shall I sign them both up for Summer Camps now?

Yesterday Huffle saw two teenage girls photographing our garden and today three ladies stopped to admire the garden. I looked out of the window (it was aerobic ladies). I shouted at them to 'get orf my land'. They are funny. They love the garden and wanted to know what some of the plants were.

The boys went to bed, Smallest and in stuck snake stickers in a book that Drew gave him and I read Harry Potter to Small. We are on the last book and although I have read all the books and watched the films several times, I have forgotten a lot of it.

 

3 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

That's the worst thing about trampolines - the grass underneath them!

Sarah Tomson said...

I agree trampolines are a pain when you need to mow (and ours is only a 10ft one!) try to move it to a different position each time you mow or else the grass goes horrible/dies underneath it x

famfa said...

Thanks - good advice x