Friday 20 June 2014

Where's Moo?

A very early golf game for Huffle where he managed to lose the end of his driver in the water. Whoops. He then worked from home for the rest of the day. Car bit fell of yesterday, golf club today. Oooh Huffle be careful tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Smallest complained of a sore throat but after a salt gargle he felt better and went off to school. Small was still complaining of a twisted ankle but after I said I could cancel his Cubs Camp, felt much better and went off to school too.

Moo and I watched the men next door cut the tops of our trees (they weren't particularly worth watching but we knew they would be coming onto our garden to finish the job and were just interested how much they take off).

A before and after shot of the cedar hedge. Not too much then - glad we are not paying for it!

Small's huge rucksack was dropped off at the camp leaders house where we had a chat and paid the fees. We then popped to the supermarket and bumped into Mr Royal and had a brief chat and then bumped into Drew and had an even briefer chat. We went off to knitting and Moo managed to re-cast off my sock and then cast off again. I did well with my knitting until I realised I had missed a very important row. Arrrggghhh.

Last year everyone got knitted socks. This year El has this amazing wool that shows up when lit up - very safe for kids walking in Winter in the dark or skiing or snowboarding at night. Guess what everyone is getting this year?). Does anyone think moo looks a bit like Where's Wally?

Suffolk, Moo and I went for lunch at the cafe and had Curried Sweet potato soup and a bagel and then indulged in a small bit of cake. Yum yum.

Okay, so Moo's cake wasn't quite so small!

We left Suffolk and drove to a new hairdresser someone had recommended for Moo. Moo had her hair cut and the lady was lovely. I think I might take the boys there soon for their hair cuts. She is the mum of someone in Small's class.

We drove home where we were greeted with a very warm poorly boy - Smallest had rang home as he felt ill and Huffle had picked him up. I took his temperature but then he told me he had been lying under the heavy blanket!!! He was fine. Moo and I played a game of scrabble win him on the porch and he soon cooled down.

I picked up Small from school and he came home to have a quick biscuit and say goodbye to everyone before I took him to the Leaders house where he was to start his weekend's adventure. They are going to be stopping for something to eat on the way (the journey will be about two and a half hours), setting up camp and having a campfire. Tomorrow they will be swimming, canoeing, fishing, tubing, sailing and night hiking. Sunday will be swimming, hiking and possibly exploring some caves on the way home. The Leaders wife did ask me if I was sure I didn't want to go. Sounds like fun but the camping - oh no!!!!

Smallest built some Lego that Moo brought with her and helped me to test the cakes I made. Maltesers Muffins.

Moo and I made pizza for dinner and I cleaned the kitchen while Moo swept the house. Huffle and Smallest played on the trampoline and played football. Talking of football, that's it then! England are out! BOOOOOO. Better take the bunting down.

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope Small has a good time, sounds great.

AA said...

I want to go to camp!! Maybe without the cubs...

xxx