Monday 2 June 2014

Two big fat dead flies and poppadom streams

Huffle went to work, the boys went to school and I went to my Faraway Garden where I worked tirelessly weeding in the hot humid sunshine. I was covered in factor 60 suncream and bug spray, still the bugs bit me and while I was shopping afterwards, I heard the words "oh you've burnt your arms". It was Rude Trude and I replied. LOOK THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, WHEN I AM WARM, MY ARMS GO RED AND EVEN THOUGH I TELL EVERYONE THEY STILL KEEP ASKING ME, BUT BECAUSE YOU HAVE NEVER ASKED BEFORE I WILL GIVE YOU THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT". Phew that felt good. She said "oh yes my husband gets that and I promise you I won't ask again".

Gardening done, shopping done, I came home and had my lunch, watched From Here to There and put the shopping away.

I had a quick sneaky bounce on the trampoline and felt like a naughty school girl then I did washing, drying, sorting, changed our bed and had a shower. It was extremely humid and it thundered and rained a little - I think we have more forecast later this evening. The temperature was 27*C with a humidex (feels like) 34*.

I sat on the porch and skyped Grandad and Grandad and Moo. When the boys came home they wanted their friends to come and play on the trampoline but I said NO as it was raining and thundering. They had an ice pole, did a chore each and put their clothes away before going on the IPad and computer.

I started dinner and when Huffle came home we all had dinner. After dinner we went on the trampoline as the rain stopped and the sun came out again. We worked out if we were on the trampoline, the Mossies didn't get us. It's an incredible workout! Small got all his camp stuff together for a weekend camping with the Cubs.

The boys taught us 'popcorn' where everyone but you sits on with arms around legs and the jumper has to pop the corn!

HB sent this photo through of Huffle when he was around 14. He says handsome chap. I say Monkey face (and I'm not talking about Grandma).

 

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Trampolines are great and a fabulous work out. Will have to try the popcorn game x