Tuesday 10 June 2014

Old Fred

Huffle went off to work reluctantly. The boys went off to school on the bus but Small asked if he could now walk to school by himself (where did that come from? MasterLazy walk all that way?). Today they took the bus but I said we could cycle or walk on a day where I didn't need to rush out of the door the minute they left.

And rush out of the door I did today as I had to be at the Garden Centre for 9am. MrsM and I went off to The Royal York again to finish off the gardens. She did tell me she wanted me as a driving companion for the journey, plus she gets to use the 'two people or more' lane which really does cut a lot out of the journey to Downtown Toronto. The journey there was eventful except for the huge amounts of traffic. When we arrived a huge metal sign fell on my knee. Fred the Concierge asked me if I needed ice and then proceeded to tell me about when he hit his head on the corner of the desk and how he felt like his head went into his neck. Nice!

Up on the roof we tidied up the beds, planted lots of parsley, a couple of Hibiscus (apparently you can eat part of the Hibiscus but I can't remember if it's the flowers or the leaves, just in case you fancied a chew of one!), peppers and watercress (apparently it is possible to grow this if you use a large saucer underneath the pot to keep it almost constantly in water). It was warm but there was a lovely breeze up there. We arrived just after 10am and finished just after midday. We were treated to lunch in the Deli which was very nice except for the awful noise coming from a function room right next to us!

We left and drove home, popped back to the Garden centre and emptied our boxes and then I came home. I thought I should check the pool as I didn't have time this morning. The water was at a good level but the pool looked unusually still. I checked the pump and undid the lid. Water poured out in great amounts and I couldn't remember where the on/off button was. I was almost up to my ankles in water and Huffle wasn't available to talk to. Eventually I got it sorted but lost so much water I had to refill it again with the hose. I attached the vacuum ready and went inside for a cup of tea. Once the pool was full (I may have left it a bit too long), I checked the pump again but it wasn't really doing anything. I tried many things but nothing worked.

When the kids came home (it was really warm and very humid) they wanted to go in the pool so I let them. I tested it and it seemed okay just wasn't pumping much. They had a lot of fun though they said the water was very cold (22*). Smallest got grumpy and ended up on his bedroom and I went off to make dinner. Small got bored on his own and that was the end of the pool time. When Huffle came home he had a look but ended up ringing the pool people who think it is blocked and are sending someone out to sort it - great, more money!

We tidied up, finished dinner and ate. The boys played on IPad and Computer and Huffle and I cleared the kitchen and chatted and put the world to rights. We had another go at sorting the pool and came in and put the kids to bed.

No update as yet on cooker.

I take a lot of photographs (is that obvious?) and sometimes I post my favourites on instagram (stuandsamhall). Today I had one of my photos featured of @number_of. How exciting. I wonder if they noticed that Huffle is giving the V sign?

 

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Great photo! Hope Huffle is okay, email me if you want a chat xx