Sunday 29 June 2014

In Hot Water

Phew it sure was hot today. When we got up at 8am this morning (yes 8am as son number 2 again decided he needed to wake us to tell us that him and Small were fighting!) the temperature outside was already a whopping 28* and rising. Because of their early fighting the boys were sent to their rooms to read and then they came down later to help with breakfast. My aim this Summer is to get the boys reading and writing everyday, as well as keeping their rooms tidy.

Most of the day was beside or in the pool (top temperature so far this season at 27*) jumping, dive bombing, grass-hopping.........

Some of the day was spent playing Mastermind, Chess (that little stinker Smallest, who is seven by the way, beat me. I wasn't so lenient on him the second time) and scrabble. Moo and I made a scrabble game last all day (or maybe it was the game from the day before). Moo made up a rule that if a scrabble piece falls through the deck and under the pool, the person who did it has to climb underneath and retrieve it. Well Moo dropped the first one and I dropped the second one but Moo picked them both up.

We had lots of silliness in and out of the pool and we stopped early afternoon for a BBQ lunch and a bit later for trifle made by Huffle and Moo. Yum yum.

Most of the afternoon and early evening was also spent in and around the pool. Huffle skyped Grandma and Grandad and I got a few minutes by myself just floating on a lilo - wonderful. Unfortunately Moo and I were found by the others and our peace was shattered.

Small read some more in his room and the boys had tea in front of the TV . Moo, Huffle and I started a new scrabble game after someone won but I'm not allowed to say it was me!

 

4 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Sounds wonderful. Nice hot weather - we are in jumpers!! X

Unknown said...

Sounds a good stay-at-home Sunday. x

famfa said...

I think we had our fair share of jumpers in winter x

famfa said...

Yes thanks it was x