Friday 6 June 2014

Elvis Unplugged

Huffle went off for a very early game of golf in which he encountered no skunks but he did see a heron (no photos though because it was too far away). He was back by 9am. Small, who should have got all his camp gear ready on Monday, had to get his final bits together in his huge rucksack. Small, Smallest and I had a bounce on the trampoline before driving off to Suffolk's house. Our kids haven't met before but I was hoping they would get on because it would make trips in the Summer so much more enjoyable. She has three kids, aged 12, 10 and 6. Anyway we first went to the Farmers Market where we bought some lovely things for lunch and I bought Huffle a Fathers Day present (shhhhhhhh). We tried sausage rolls, talked to the Honey lady and to the organic meat man. It was a nice market but not huge.

We went back to Suffolks where the kids played while we sorted lunch which we had outside in the sunshine. Today was 25*. After lunch and a play, we went off to swimming. Of course everything here is so far away so there was a lot of a travelling in between. The swimming pool was a large one with a big curly slide, a lazy river, fountains and several intermingling pools, of different depths. The kids were allowed in by themselves as soon as they had a quick swimming test. They all passed and got a green band which we later swapped for a card with their photos on which shows they can swim there by themselves in the future. Parents don't even need to stay and watch, I think they need to be in the same building but they can go and play another sport or go and have a coffee. There are plenty of lifeguards and they watch very closely!

The kids had a ball, all got on well, and swam and played for about an hour and a half. We had to get back as Suffolk's kids had piano lessons (where the teacher comes to their house and sits with each one for half an hour). The other kids played in the garden until dinner was ready which we had again outside.

Suffolk and I managed to get a bit of appliqué robins done and then we all had a mad dash. Her kids had to get to a Karate test and Small had to get to Cub Camp. The road was closed on the way so we had to detour but we got here eventually, parked and walked into camp which we found after about 20 minutes. Small found his tent and his friends and after a quick kiss (to me) was off. Smallest and I walked slowly back to the car avoiding the bugs and drove home to Huffle.

Smallest would have stayed if he could have. He sneaked into Small's tent and hid!

It was gone 7pm by the time we got home. Smallest watched TV and bathed his sore eyes (he didn't wear goggles and his eyes were suffering from the chlorine).

THE COOKER SAGA CONTINUES .................... BY HUFFLE

I rang samsungs wonderful service department and spoke to 'Elvis'. Now, not the Elvis who is dead clearly and to be fair I doubt was actually called Elvis judging by the strange accent. Dear old Elvis asked me to pull the cookers plug out and then press all of the buttons, this is their way of troubleshooting. He had a fair bit of trouble understanding me and I had to ask him why, this baffled him completely.

I then told Elvis all of that action was lovely but it wouldn't fix it and then I confused him a bit more with the cooker number 1 problems. I then told him that I had lost patience and wanted to speak with his manager. He disappeared for a few minutes and then advised that his manager would ring me back. He tried to hang up, but I stopped him. I wanted the managers name - it was Wallyvs, and no I haven't spelt it wrong. I think they get scrabble pieces and throw them in the air to make up some names. Guess what good old Wallyvs failed to call. I'm off with a garden gnome to the call centre to insert it up his bum. Then some boring efforts at online chat with their 'agents'. But, when you tried to chat or moan to them, no one was actually there. Then I submitted an online form to complain. Next week I will get serious with them, I've done the following procedure nice customer act. Rubb - ish, or Gaaaar- bage for the Yankee Doodle readers.

 

 

 

 

No comments: