Friday 27 June 2014

Schools out for Summer '14

Huffle went off very early to play golf and frighten away the resident heron that lives on the course. The boys went to school (though what for I have no idea as most of the kids finished after morning assembly). Apparently school is over once the report cards are issued, and that was yesterday! Some kids left early today to go to a theme park!

Moo and I dutifully attended the volunteer assembly. In past years my name has been called and I have had to embarrassingly trudged to the front to receive a gift for volunteering. Once a rose, and last year a school mug and a $5 Tim Hortons voucher. This year it was a thank you tea. However, Moo and I sat through speeches about the teachers who were leaving, a half an hour of photos of the whole year and all the students (Smallest appeared about seven times and Small about twice). There was some gift giving and after an hour and a half we should have 'clapped out' the grade 8's who were graduating to high school. We didn't though, we went to knitting instead.

Moo finished off casting my socks which look fabulous and very girly and then undid my collar on my cardi. I undid lots of rows and then did a lot of rows too. We had a nice coffee and a chat and then Moo and I went for lunch at the cafe where they heated up a soup that wasn't on the menu (because the proper one was beef!).

We walked to the bakery and bought some cakes and then popped to the charity shop where we bought nothing. We got a few groceries for the weekend and drove home. We sat by the pool playing scrabble but it was so hot up there. I went in the pool to cool off and then we took our game to the porch where it was much cooler.

We didn't have long before the kids came home full of the joys of end of school, full of thank you cards from the teachers and sweets and goodies from the bus lady and their own teachers. They had their angel delight ice cream with added things that they made yesterday and then we all went up to the pool.

There was plenty of squirting and pushing in and the lifeguards were very strict with the no kissing, wetting or being naughty rules. Huffle and the boys went off to get a pizza (as we don't trust the oven) and we ate in front of the Short Circuit 2 which is filmed in Toronto. We didn't know this until we watched it but recognised quite a few of the sets. It was filmed in 1988 though so it has changed a bit since then!

I don't have a lot of photos of me but Moo took some just as I was attempting I get on the lilo from the steps and I went straight under.

Huffle rang Samsung today and despite his protests that the cooker was not functioning, they are sending out an engineer next Friday. Well good luck Mr Engineer, hope you do better than the five other ones we have had in the past year and a bit!

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Happy summer holidays boys xx