Monday 30 January 2012

5 Mouse - 1 Us (Pear nibbler)

Boys packed off to school on time with no problems.
I went off for a run, the first time since we moved here.  It was -4 and hurt my lungs when I breathed.  I ran for approximately 25 minutes (with lots of walking too).  Glad I did it but it was hard work dodging the ice and the snow and the cars passing by.  I had to wear a thinsulate hat and gloves and a thermal base layer.


When I got back I had a really hot shower, my legs were freezing!!  Then I had a lovely long breakfast whilst blogging and checking the news.  LOVELY.
I went into the Cold Room to check for mouse action.
The sneaky little !!?!??!!?  He's been at my pears.
I spent a couple of hours tidying the house because my angels (big and small) had left it in a tip! Then I went off to do some food shopping.  I bought Small a pair of Jeans for a ten year old (he is eight) and they don't fit him.  Length wise they are fine but round the waist they are too tight.  Now Small doesn't have a shred of fat on him.  He is a skinny thing.  And I can't say that they are all skinny and long here!  So I may have to find a new children's shop to visit.

I took a photo of this Tractor because as I came over the hill I saw it on my side of the road (and yes Moo, I was on the right side of the road this time) and I thought it was coming towards me.  As I got closed I realised it was either driving backwards or just looked like a back to front tractor.

As I waited for the boys to get off the school bus I clead the drive.  Well I attempted to clear it.  It was thick ice under the snow and I had trouble cracking it.  Small helped me as much as he could but we gave up in the end.  Then when we came in, it started snowing again.  The drive is completely covered again!  Apparantly its going to carry on snowing overnigbutane we are going to over an inch, but then its going to get warmer and we're not going to get any more snow till the weekend.
Smallest madeup his lego car from yesterday's party.  And I received an email from the Party girl's mum with a photo of Smallest.

The boys (big and small) had turkey meatballs and pasta (as I was writing this my spellchecker changed Pasta to Santa, don't know why I shared this but it was funny!) for dinner.  Thumbs up!  I had spinach and ricotta Manicotta (I think that's what it's called) - it was yummy.

Mary Ann (thank you) let me know that the Caterpillar from yesterday's post was called a Woolly Bear Caterpillar and changes to a Yellow Moth.  It is also out early - silly caterpillar, you'll freeze.

2 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Actually they overwinter. They go into a cryogenic state and freeze solid with no ill effect. I wonder what it was doing wandering around unless it knows spring isn't far away:).....we can only hope!!!

Harborough Dad said...

A Woolly Bear Caterpillar that goes into a cryogenic state over the winter - makes our little hedgehogs seem a bit mundane doesn't it?

Jumbleberries xx