Wednesday 11 January 2012

Why not just have my boots?

I took this picture by accident last night whilst blogging*I took this picture by accident last night whilst blogging.  Comfy slippers, cup of coffee,IPad*

Not much to report today.  All five of us got in the car.  Dropped Small and Smallest off at school.  Dropped Huffle at the local train station for a trip to Dowtown Toronto for a business meeting and drinks this evening.
Moo and I had shopping to do.  Carbon Monoxide Alarm, Battery for the Smoke Alarm, thermals for me,  Boots for Moo (Aunty A, she is leaving them here so you will have some for March!), birthday presents for Smallest and Huffle (not their birthdays yet but Moo wants to leave their presents here), Mouse Traps (little mouse decided to eat the butter we left in the cold room and then had a go at the corner of the juice carton - eeeuuuuu that would have made a mess).   Presents for Moo's friends back home - ooh things so tacky I know they will hate them (ha ha only joking, just that I know some of them may be reading this - sorry).
When we were shopping for boots, I sat Moo down, she took off her shoes, put some thick socks on and I ran around the shop like a crazed booty hunter and fetched her pair after pair after pair after........................after some considerable time she finally shouted, that's it, these fit, they are perfect.  At last.  When we got home, it turns out she has chosen the exact same pair I have - we have always had the same size, same taste in shoes.
We stopped for coffee at Tim Horton's and a cheese tea biscuit (which in English is a cheese scone - very nice).
We had a trip to Bulk Barn - love it.  Lots of bins of lots of things.  Rice, flours, dried fruit, spices, you name it, they got it.  We got rice to make rice pudding and flour to make pasta.  And the baking stuff they sell is brilliant.  Icing, decorations of all colours, cake boards, boxes, candles - everything.  Once I am baking properly again it will be the place I go for ingredients and decorations.  I also bought a "Canadian Cookies and Squares" book to help me practice my baking.  Start with the Canadian stuff and move back to the English stuff and maybe even make some Canenglish stuff up.
I even found some Lemon spread - it's not Gales Lemon Curd but I am going to give it a go.  I have been craving Lemon Curd since we moved in here and I sent a request to Grandma to have it sent over with HB in February.  But this one I found, well I am willing to give it a try.
Finally got home about 2pm, quick lunch, shopping away, Moo tidied while I picked the boys up from school.
Small went swimming today.  He really enjoyed it.  He got to dive off the diving board.  Tread water for five minutes.  It was a survival lesson.  What to do if he accidentally falls in.  Good.  They should do this in UK instead of teaching them how to do the Butterfly!!
Moo and I picked up a cheap jigsaw while we were out this morning so we started that.  We thought it might be difficult but we've nearly finished it.
Huffle is out so Moo and I may sit and watch a film.  Maybe The Way We Were with Barbara Streisand.  Huffle would just sigh and make silly noises, so best to watch it when he is not here.

*The boys relaxing before bed*

No comments: